Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Embarassing

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM
  • 20 Replies

embarrassedSo I just had a wonderfully mortifying moment. Its almost 7am here and I am almost sure my face will be red the rest of the day!

We were getting ready to go wait for the school bus and today I have some errands to run. I am redecorating our living room and I have this beautiful table that I am going to strip the pain off of, and then sand it and distress it to give it a antique look (this is one of my favorite activites I am lame hehe). So I was asking the kiddos what they were going to do today (this is their last week of school whoo hoo) and then Eve asked me what MY plans were. She's such a dear she always asks me stuff and how IM doing she's going to be an awesome mom one day. I told her I was going to be doing some painting and she asked if she could stay home to help. Sneaky lil thing! Well Dan came in and we were discussing our plans for today and I said I was going to be doing some "painting, stripping and distressing".....you can see where this is headed right?

We got to the little bus stop about 2 blocks away and we're standing there with all these fab, put together country club women and our neighbor was talking to me about my plans for the day (we're friendly she's very nice) and Harrison speaks up "Miss Kathy mommy is going to be stripping today!"

OH. MY. GOD

Can I crawl back into a dark hole NOW! That was AWFUL! The look on that poor womans face was both priceless and disturbing! I tried really hard to explain what I meant but the damage was done. We've only lived in this house for 5 months! Oh and not just my neighbor heard it but ALL the moms at the bus stop and a few dads too

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
arkmomma06
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Oh my!

Sorry that happened...I would be embarrassed too!!

Angie

funmommy247
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:02 AM

The darndest things kids say, that was funny, I can see the embarrassment

janice.leanne23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Quoting arkmomma06:

Oh my!

Sorry that happened...I would be embarrassed too!!

Angie

It would be funny if it wasnt so depressing! I just wanted to crawl into a hole. I explained to Harrison that stripping wasnt what I was doing it was called paint stripping. He just nodded and goes "uh huh ok GiGi" (dont ask where I got the nickname Im not even sure myself ;) it was just one day he started calling me that)

wolfmomma30
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM

WOW !! I would be a little mortified as well. Then again I would have probably about peed my pants from laughter

shany76
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM

haha! kids don't like to make a long conversation out of anything..they just like to make it cut and well dry..lol. How cute!!

janice.leanne23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I just hope he doesnt decide to repeat this to anyone else @ school that could make picking him up more than a little interesting lol. He's a doll he really is but he's also a 6 year old and they dont mince words they say exactly what they are thinking and alot of time something gets lost in translation. In my case something very important haha

Tricia76
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Oh do they say the darndest things lol..poor you lol

zmama22
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:23 AM

ROTFL - you were stripping and dressing! and the more you explain this type of the thing, the more you look like your'e doing it.  i would chat the moms up at the bus stop tommorrow and tell them all abour your remodeling project - you don't want your new neighbors thinking you're a stripper :)

janice.leanne23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Quoting zmama22:

ROTFL - you were stripping and dressing! and the more you explain this type of the thing, the more you look like your'e doing it.  i would chat the moms up at the bus stop tommorrow and tell them all abour your remodeling project - you don't want your new neighbors thinking you're a stripper :)

I am glad that our actual neighbor knows that I am nowhere close to a stripper! Right now Im a SAHM but I am about to go back to my job. Im a RN at an OBs office (very hard to do when your TTC and havent had a successful pregnancy yet)

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I would have probably had just laughed, while I was embarrassed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)