Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where do you shop?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM
  • 13 Replies

So my husband surprised me last night. I haven't gone shopping for myself in over 3 years. I always buy the kids stuff and my husabnd stuff or I am buying stuff for our house (we just moved into a real house btw its so nice to not be in an apartment anymore). So he handed me not one but TWO AMEX Gift Cards (one was from my mom they were in on it together) and they total 250 bucks all together. I was told I cant buy ONE thing for the kids or the house or him it had to go to making ME feel special. I feel very lucky and sort of embarassed. I havent had new clothes in awhile and even when I DID buy stuff for me it wasnt anywhere near stylish. So I am enlisting your help. I dont even know how to dress for my body. My body type is a hourglass and I dont know how to even begin to dress it.

Where do you shop for clothes? What kind of stuff would look passable on me?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CarrieGemenon19
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I shop at Burlington and Ross. More bang for your buck! But I have a hard time finding jeans there (since I'm so tall), so I have to get those at Lane Bryant or Avenue. I like Burlington the best- they have a huge selection of clothes, shoes and jewelry. I always get a necklace and earrings to match a new outfit.  I usually get a shirt, pants, and jewelryset for $45! 

Jenia312
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:33 AM

What a wonderful husband you have and a sweet mom!  I usually shop for everyone else plus all necessities, EXCEPT for myself.  Anyway, I love EXPRESS!  Most of my clothes are from there.  I just love their lines of clothing. 

Get yourself some nice Summer pants/tops and don't leave out the sexy Summer sandals!  Have fun shopping!

krystlewv
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Cool beans! Congratulations!!! Look for sales to get more for your money. JCPenney has a great sale right now. Just buy things that you like that are flattering. Buy some nice capris! If you buy jeans make sure that they are wider at the ankle, that makes an even line from your hips to your feet. It makes you look smaller. :-)

natesmom1228
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM

I shop at Macy's, Target, and Kohls. I love Dress Barn for dresses.

Mom2jngnc
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM

for me: Kohl's, JCPenney.... my Aunt and I went shopping down by here Bealls (FL only, but it's like Kohl's)

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, CJ and Alex 
"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."
"I have one designer thing in my house, and naturally it's a dog."

momoGav
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Old Navy always has clothes that look great on any body type and especially right now for summer they  have some of the cutest dresses!!   Other than that, I generally shop at places like NY&Co., sometimes Marshall's, occassionally Forever 21 (but since their stuff isn't the greatest quality, I get it just for novelty/to wear a few times). 

Like everyone said, JcPenney does have good clothes and they do have some AWESOME sales!

Have fun shopping!

mommyoftwo395
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:52 AM

tj max, burlington, ross, old navy, These are some of my most fav's...Have way to much fun....

Lisabrenner
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM

i love ann taylor loft and black house white market...and gap for some stuff

Barabell
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:08 PM

Aw, that is so sweet! 

I usually shop for clothes at Target, JC Penny, Fashion Bug, Old Navy.  You can find some great deal at TJ Maxx or Marshalls, but I find those are hit or miss.

ShercolynLanaye
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Aw,that was so sweet of him.Shop,shop,shop away.lol

I shop at Citi Trends(which I realize not every state has) & sometimes Torrid.

Old Navy is a good store(my sis shops there all the time)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)