Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waht would you do if your teenager came to you and said.......

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM
  • 52 Replies

I'm PG or my GF is PG???? Would you talk to them about putting it up for adoption?? Tell them they made their bed now they pay the price???? Help her/him so they could finish school???

I'm just curious, because there are so many teens having babies anymore. I hope my kids never have to come to me and say that, but you never know. I hope my girls will be out of school, married, and have a good job or something?!?!?

I was 15 when I had my oldest DD, and I finished school, had a job, and went to college and got a Bachelors in Accounting/Bookkeeping. I did it with no help from my parents, her father, or the State. It did take me a while to accomplish all my goals, but I worked hard and took care of her and myself. I paid my parents money every month for rent, food, and utilities, as well as budgeting my money for her and I's needs. Once I was 18 I moved into my own place, and at 21 met my DH and have since had three more kids!!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shany76
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:03 AM

I have often thought that myself. My daughter seems to be more wild than I was and she is 13. I also got pregnant with her brother when I seventeen and my mom did not take to well. I thought I was mature and ready when I really wasn't. I kept him (against what my mom said) and I am glad I did. My mom is happy I kept him now as well, he is almost sixteen and is a very awesome kid..he is my buddy :) but, I hate that thought of that coming through with my kids. I know I will be upset, but I would be more upset if I couldn't see a grandchild, someone that is half my daughter, which is half of me.

onlymikesstacia
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:18 AM

My hubby were just talking about this a few days ago. We would encourage her to finish school, while she continued to live at home. Things would change at home, she would have to take on more responsibility. I would be upset,but what's done is done, we will make the best of it.

Javagirl1118
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:25 AM

If my son came home and told me this, we would do everything we could to support the girl, including taking the baby if she decided not to keep it. I would not make the decision FOR her, mind you, but would support her in whatever she decided.

krystlewv
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:30 AM

We have had this talk with our boys many times over. They know all the options they have. Since I have boys we have made it clear that they are responsible as well. My kids havent had sex yet, but they are 14. We keep the lines of communication open, and I hope they can come to me if and or/when it might happen to them.

mommyneedssleep
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 11:50 AM

i so far have to be thankful my daughter is a very bright little girl... ok not so little as she is 13. We talk about everything and have already discussed birth control. She has had 3 boyfriends this year and did break up with one when he tried things with her, flat out saying to me this isnt what she is ready for. I hope she sticks with talking to me about everything and we dont end up pregnant at a young age but i would work with her through it. Its her decision to do what she wants but  i will support her decision.

BjFuller
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM

I would most def. help them. I was in that same situation. I was 17 when I became pregnant. I ended up getting married because of this. I was to scared to tell my daddy. We was Church of God and it was talked about much and I was afraid he would disown me. In the end I divorced my son's father. I have made a point to let my kids know that they can talk to me about anything and to never been ashamed or scared to talk to me.

lolamac
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM

With my boys, I would tell them that they will be stepping up and providing for their child the best they can and that they will take their share of time raising and caring for and bonding with their child. They WILL step up and be a father. I will not ALLOW my boys to be dead beat dads.

If their gf or the mother of the child wanted to adopt the baby out, my son would keep the baby. (this I know)

If his gf/baby's mother choose to abort the baby, we of course would try to talk to her about it.....unfortunately my sons

wants/needs/desires would not even be considered so I would have to help my son overcome the fact that his child is being killed. 

My daughter....we would work through it...we would help her with the baby, so she could finish school. However she would be mothering the child when she's not in school. We will not be raising the baby for her so she can go out or party or whatever....that goes the same for our sons.  

Charmed7up
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:38 PM

I had my son at 20, and my family helped a lot more than they should have. When I was 21 I moved away and had to make it on my own (with hubby). And that was probably the best thing that could have happened to me.

I would help anyone that needed it, but I would make sure I'm not enabling them to be irrespondible with their new adult life.

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM

I would help them any way I can

littleluvbug14
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I would definitely help any way I could.  I would feel like a failure as a parent at first, but kids make their choices.  You just have to help guide them.  It's up to them with their decisions.  I would give my son or daughter their options (keep, adopt) and the consequences of each choice and let them decide what they want to do, and support that decision 100%

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)