Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are some activities, hobbies that you share with your DH/SO?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:33 PM
  • 26 Replies

Besides kids, cleaning, and sex, do you and your DH/SO share hobbies or activities with each other?

Before we got married, my DH and I read a book together.  It was a mystery book and we both took turns reading it.  I really enjoyed that but he doesn't want to do it anymore.  We don't watch the same tv shows.  The only thing that we both like is sports so when we have time we'll play basketball or whiffle ball outside (mainly when other people come over). 

I wish we did more things together that was just us. 

What do you and your DH/SO do together as a hobby or activity you and him/her only do?

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."

May is Foster Care Awareness Month....how can YOU help?  www.fostercaremonth.org

by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:35 PM

We play World of Wrcraft while DS sleeps in his swing next to us.

andrea96
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM

We have quite a few tv shows we watch together, and we play Guitar Hero together.  We used to play poker, but haven't in a while. 

momof3inTN
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Besides kids, cleaning, and sex, do you and your DH/SO share hobbies or activities with each other?

Before we got married, my DH and I read a book together.  It was a mystery book and we both took turns reading it.  I really enjoyed that but he doesn't want to do it anymore.  We don't watch the same tv shows.  The only thing that we both like is sports so when we have time we'll play basketball or whiffle ball outside (mainly when other people come over). 

I wish we did more things together that was just us. 

What do you and your DH/SO do together as a hobby or activity you and him/her only do?

I love reading with my hubby. We have been reading to each other for a few years now.

We also like to work in the gardens together. Sometimes he'll sit with me and we'll talk, other times he'll be mowing while I'm out working, but we're together. One or the other or both of us are usually doing something but the other is always close by.

We take walks together too. Sometimes we take the kids but most of our date nights turn into walks through the park together.

Barbie and Ken, Married for 11 years!

Check out my blog: Cooking Up Family Time

Lily23
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:17 AM

We both like bike riding, exercising and live music.  We like a lot of the same shows so we snuggle up when it gets chilly out. 

mrswillie
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:49 AM

We are paranormal researchers.

Mary762
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:52 AM

My SO and I do alot of the same things. We both are into tattoos and he's a tattoo artist. We both are hooked on fishing and boating so in the summer we are always in a fishing spot somewhere. We both love camping and digging in the dirt in mines and do it as much as possible..Most important thing though we both are into our children and work together to make sure they become the best they can be!!

klianemcb2
by on May. 25, 2010 at 6:55 AM

we watch certain tv shows together, we go bowling and the drive in together.

BethInWI
by on May. 25, 2010 at 7:01 AM

We go fishing together, 4 wheeling, work on house projects together.

mjimaging
by Melissa on May. 25, 2010 at 8:13 AM
We both play hockey, sometimes on the same team, we fish, camp, do farmwork, go hiking, watch tv, cook, raise snakes, the baby process of snakes is intriguing, he was more into the live snake part after they hatched.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myoceanwaves
by on May. 25, 2010 at 8:18 AM

We are both into photography... every night we watch Jeopardy together... We have different taste in TV shows, he's a history geek and I like sitcoms.. so we try to compromise and step into each other's world every now and then

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)