Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one who can't stand ladies night out events?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM
  • 26 Replies

I am a Sex In The City fanatic, and a girlfriend of mine that was suposed to go to see the movie with me tells me that she's going to put together a "ladies night out" type of deal. Great.....When I tell you I absolutely hate those damn things! Especially when it's with a bunch of catty women I don't know. I would really rather get up and go to the first show to avoid the huge crowd and enjoy the movie with my popcorn, medium coke and peanut M&M's!!

HERE IS WHY.....

The last time she put together a "ladies night out" evening, it was to go to the Beyonce concert. Lets just say it wasn't pretty. One of the ladies kept critiquing everyones clothes, telling them how they should have put the garmets together LOL, the other kept going on about how another girl should have worn her hair, and I'm like,,,would you both please just shut the **** up and enjoy the damn concert! Yea,,,I refuse to go through any of that. I'll just enjoy the movie by myself because I think my clothes and hair are just fine the way they are.....so there. LOL

Don't get me wronge, I enjoy going out with a couple girlfriends, but only when it's with the ones who leave the BS and drama at home locked up tight. You know,,,a nice brunch, or a day at the spa, but when it's like 5, 6, 7 ladies,,,uh,,,,no thanks!

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN'T STAND THE "LADIES NIGHT OUT" ESPECIALLY WITH STRANGERS????

by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I think i would rather go hang out by myself too UNLESS the girlfriends are a lot like me.  One time I got together with other moms.  They were very cool but all they kept talking about were our kids and spouses!  Why do you think I'm out?  To get away from them!

virgochild79
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

I think i would rather go hang out by myself too UNLESS the girlfriends are a lot like me.  One time I got together with other moms.  They were very cool but all they kept talking about were our kids and spouses!  Why do you think I'm out?  To get away from them!

UUHHHG!!!! I know what you mean!!!!! I love my kids and my hubby but damn,,,,can we at least try and act like we're trying to have a life here,,,just for a little bit and talk about something else!?!?!? LOL

adah2010
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Totally with you all! People need to learn to be civil- I'd rather be by myself than with a bunch of poke- nosing strangers!

lilliputiansmom
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Oh, I'm with you there. The ones with co-workers are the worst! You think they all seem fine at work but get them in a bar or restaurant with liquor and you find out what a bunch of fools you really work with. Last time I went to one I ended up seated in the middle of the two loudest drunkest ones attending. Not fun.

mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I hate them too! So much so that i've never been to one.The idea makes me cringe!

Lilypie
tat2dprincess
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:45 PM

A friend of mine had a ladys night out once.

First we went to the races, where we got to sit on the wall on the 1st turn.  Wicked fun.

Then we went to the river and did some night fishing.  (I didnt catch much :(

we went to her house and crashed while watching movies and drinking wine

The next morning we went to an abandoned strip mine where she taught me how to shoot a 9mm Glock (Im pretty good at it)

Then we went to an old dump site and went digging where I found quite a few pieces of collectible antique glass.

we went to a hamburger bar (got some funny looks since we were both dressed in camo and beaters)

THAT is my idea of a fun girls night out.  What u described seems like sheer torture.

kristielee79
by on May. 25, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Women aren't fun to hang with! LOL, I would much rather hang with a group of guys than a group of women (unless that woman is my Mom because she's cool). Women bring drama everywhere they go it seems, and I don't care to hear about their problems when I'm trying to have a good time = ]

AMom29
by on May. 25, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I would only go if I knew the women involved.  That sounds awful to me.  I don't really fit into social situations, anyway.

MythicMMM
by on May. 25, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Tat2dprincess' version, yes. The superficial pessimistic strangers, no. And definitely not with co-workers! lol. Me and my gal pals will usually go out for food, drinks and pool, but every one already knew/knows each other rather well.

staceyLM
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Ladies night or day out is not my thing. It even sounds corny. just call up a friend and go out..doesn't have to be a big group..why make a big huge production about going out..umm hmm..don't even get me going : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)