Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could we please stop time?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM
  • 9 Replies

If only for a little while?  I'm so sad.  The kids are growing up so fast.  My ds starts high school next year.  High school!  How is that even possible?  I look at him and I still still that curly haired little guy running to me and jumping in my arms.  He would kill me now if he ran to me and jumped in my arms.  LOL.  When did he grow up?  How did I miss it?  Before I know it, he'll be leaving me.  And his sisters to.  My baby girl is going into the 1st grade.  She's about to turn 6!  I got her out of bed this morning and she wanted me to carry her down the stairs.  I about died!  She's so big now.  It seems the older they get, the faster time goes.  I just want to turn back the clock.  I want squishy faces, and fat fingers.  Tiny giggles, and silly songs.  I want to go back to a time when the biggest problem in their lives was gum in their hair, or the neighbor boy that won't share the sidewalk chalk.

They're growing faster and faster everyday.  If I blink, I'll miss it.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
krystlewv
by on May. 26, 2010 at 8:14 AM

Sometimes I want it to stop so I will stop aging. I dont want it to stop for my kids. I want them to grow up happy and healthy. My last boy is going to kindergaten this year. It hurts, just a little.

billssweety
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I think they are calling this "pre" empty nest syndrome.....I know that was how I felt and what I called it after reading an article.....kind of wonder if that is why we adopted when we did...LOL

Xstitchinmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Yes, they do grow up fast! My dd is graduating from middle school tonight. I'm happy, but a little sad at the same time. She keeps asking me if I'm going to cry during the ceremony. I said probably-especially during the slideshow. We went to her HS open house in March, and I do feel that she'll be ok, it's just one of those 'mom' moments, I guess lol!

michele-7.gif picture by Michele34_photo

klt332
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:56 AM

My baby girl is a Jr. in high school this coming year and my little baby boy who is only 9 is almost as tall as his sister.Hmmmm......Guess this puts the sticky stuff on the floor into perspective.Maybe I love washing all her clothes.Maybe it is okay that he uses 5 towels per shower..I mean their just towels!  Okay no, I'm  raising them to be responsible and it would be doing them an injustice to coddle them. When they have left me I don't won't to have to worry that they couldn't be responsible for themselves. That would mean that I didn't do my job.Kids.(sigh)Yep, in a blink of your eye.

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I know what you mean

Fairegirl33
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

I totally understand what you mean !  My oldest is going to be a SENIOR in highschool next year, I just can't believe it.  Like many others have said, I remember when he used to sit on the floor and play (or eat) those little wooden building blocks and watch Little Bear 24/7.

steelcrazy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I feel your pain.  My baby is 6 1/2 already and finishing up kindergarten.  I have no idea where the time went.  My oldest is 9 1/2 and he is less than 6" shorter than me, he doesn't even look like a little boy any more.  I miss the toddler years . . . 

then again, maybe not! lol

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I know what you mean. My dd will be a junior in HS, my oldest son is going to be in 3rd grade and my baby is starting kindergarten. It doesn't seem possible that the time has gone by this fast.

CarrieZack
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I'm already feeling that way! My daughter is only 19 months old and I LOVE this age! I don't want her to grow up and be a tween and then a teen...I'd like to hang out at this stage for a while!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)