Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's the furthest....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM
  • 14 Replies

Your kids have ever been from you?

We live in Northen Calif, about 1 1/2 hours north of Sacramento, our girls (16 & 17) just got back from a trip to Canada!!!!  The performed with the color guard in the Victoria Day Parade, their band took 1st place by the way!!!  But man it was hard!!!  They have gone to their grandparents, 2 1/2 hours away, 3 hours away, 8 hours away, but this was COMPLETELY different.  They had an amazing time and I am so grateful they are home, but man that was a long 5 days for this momma and I am so glad they are home!!!!!

by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommyAnne
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:53 AM

no more than 30 minutes away

mcginnisc
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:55 AM

We live in Georgia and the furthest our 4 yr old has been from us is at the Grands' homes in Florida about 6 hours away for a week. She goes down with her older cousin and has a blast. Her cousin will be 8 in September. I can't wait until her baby sister is old enough to go too! They will have so much fun..The baby is 22 months old and has not gone anywhere but her Aunt/Uncle's without us yet.They are our babysitters if we need one and they live 8 houses away.

Claire

zmama22
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:04 AM

no more than 20 minutes and she was with my BFF. her dad is making noise about sending her to visit family in london over the summer. i wouldn't be opposed to it if he was going, but he's talking about sending her and her brother alone, which is so not happening. but he's not listening - he believes that the flight attendants will take care of them until they get to the family at the airport. he's still making noise, i still haven't gotten a passport for her and won't.

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:19 AM

I went on a trip about 6 hrs away, while they stayed with grandma

Fairegirl33
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Over the years... I have travelled for work to California, Texas, Mexico on vacation with my ex-husband, and to Vegas with a girlfriend last summer... all without the kiddos.... they were fine :)  Loved me just the same when I came back just realized how much they missed and need me !  LOL

offrdngal
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Last July my son went to Tucson to visit his Nana and Papa.  They came to IN to pick him up and then brought him home.  He stayed for almost two weeks.  I was so glad that he was able to spend that time with them.  One month later (8-21-09) my dad, Papa, passed away.

Terri

steelcrazy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM

My boys have never been more than 30 minutes away from me.

cmariemcd
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:27 AM

My kids have been at my mom's in Northern CA when my hubby and I went to Vegas.

BTW, I grew up about 2 hours north of Sac. Where are you?

Quoting billssweety:

Your kids have ever been from you?

We live in Northen Calif, about 1 1/2 hours north of Sacramento, our girls (16 & 17) just got back from a trip to Canada!!!!  The performed with the color guard in the Victoria Day Parade, their band took 1st place by the way!!!  But man it was hard!!!  They have gone to their grandparents, 2 1/2 hours away, 3 hours away, 8 hours away, but this was COMPLETELY different.  They had an amazing time and I am so grateful they are home, but man that was a long 5 days for this momma and I am so glad they are home!!!!!

Wish2Be
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:33 AM

I went on a Girls Night that was about 1 hour away from my son....he is only 7 months old...

1 hour away was too far....I dont plan to go on another trip for a long while...

~ Michelle

mumsy2three
by Shauna on May. 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM

We live in PA. My dd was in France this past fall with a school trip. My oldest son has been to VA with my MIL. My youngest has only been about 20 minutes away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)