Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher Gift Ideas ....

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM
  • 18 Replies

OK .. can someone give me some advice on end of the year gifts for teachers?? I really like my son's Pre-K teacher and while i do not really know all of my daughters' teachers, I want to give them an end of the year gift as well ... I know them all by meeting them several times, but not like the Pre-K teacher that I have done weekly volunteering for....

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!  Thanks.

Thinking of traveling? Check out my site!
www.ytbtravel.com/somethingoutrageous

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." - Author Unknown

by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:42 AM

I give my kids teachers $15 gift cards from Starbucks...lol... My 3 each get to pick 2 teachers each that have really made a difference...(Actually...Katie picked the Janitor as one of hers...lol)

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Gift cards are usually a great way to go, that way they can get something they will enjoy.

ilovexzavier
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:43 AM

A gift card somewhere or a gc to get her toes done!

owensmom34
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I usually give a small box of chocolates and a plant.

my4boys2002
by on May. 26, 2010 at 11:43 AM
We normally do 50.00 restaraunt cards for each teacher
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunadale
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Gift cards all the way. Though a plant is a nice idea too.

jenC1978
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Dunkin Donuts gift card.

Jamesmommie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:12 PM

You moms are AWESOME !!!  Good job on gifts.  I was a teacher for 14 years and was coming on to post about gift cards being a fantastic gift, but almost every poster posted it b/f me.  Yes, teachers LOVE, LOVE, LOVE gift cards.   I loved getting gift cards to restaurants and movie theaters.  I also loved getting them for pedicures, but any gift card is well appreciated.

Also, if your child has several teachers or you have mutiple children and it would be too costly to get gift cards, one gift that I absolutely LOVED that is very inexpensive (but totally from the heart) was a card with a nice message personalized to me about what a difference I made in your child's life.  I kept every card I received over the span of 14 years and put them all into a scrap book.  I remember all of the nice things said to me in those cards b/c I still look at them very often.  It's a gift that never dies and keeps on giving.

sahm2diego
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I just posted this on my facebook! Too funny! I am planning on getting my son's teacher a starbucks giftcard.

millie2112
by on May. 27, 2010 at 1:24 AM

I have to say that I was always complemented on the gifts I gave my daughters teachers so here are a few ideas.  Oh and all of my gifts usually ran about $10 per teacher.  Fun tote bag with sunscreen a used book and a cute plastic drinking glass with on the go drink singles.  A cute lil' basket with samples from bath and body or a local cosmetic counter.  Handmade earrings, mini scrapbooks, New office supplies in a fun container.  Origins de-stress gumballs.  A box will run about $20 but you can divide it up and put the gumballs in a recycled jar and have your child decorate it.  Younger grade teachers always have a goodies basket filled with lil' toys for prizes.  I always looked for clearance items and replenished their supply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)