Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Regrets getting tubes tied

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 21 Replies

Hello:

Has anyone else out there had their tubes tied and regretted it?  And if you did how did you get through it or does it just linger in the back of your mind?

I had my tubes tied when I was 31 I did it for a couple of reasons:

-  when I was 8months pregnant I caught my Boyfriend cheating on me

- A friend of mine who had a child a month before me got pregnant 6 month after giving birth which freaked me out.

-my family pressured me not to have anymore kids

anyway I really regret doing it and I'm really sad.

by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemomof2nok
by on May. 26, 2010 at 2:43 PM

BUMP!

bamababe1975
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I did, and do still, have regrets over getting my tubes tied, both because at one time I wanted another child, and because I've had some health problems creep up that were a result of the procedure (post tubal ligation syndrome). I finally realized that having 2 kids is just perfect for me, especially since having another child would add more costs and challenges to cope with. Maybe if you focus on the things that are good about NOT having another child, you, too, can find solace in your choice and not regret it any longer. hugs

Brat111507
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I had my tubes tied after my youngest who is now 8, was born. At the time, it was the right decision for me...but things changed in my life. Divorce and a wonderful husband...and the desire to have a real loving family together. It was difficult but we discussed reversal. That was the road we were heading down and had begun saving up for the procedure but well, lets just say a tubal is not 100% all the time!  When you go to make that decision, it is one that needs to be made with a lot of thought- but life changes and so can the decision. There are options even when the procedure is done. ( even when they can not reverse there is always adoption!)

Katenemsmom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Not my tubes tied, but had my husband get a vasectomy.  In my head I know its smart to stick to only two kids, I have my hands full as it is, but part of me wants another baby so  bad.  You are not alone.

r05373af
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:59 PM

i feel the same way.  i want another baby and i can't.  i had to get mine done because, i almost died having my ds and my dd.  i was told if i had a nother pregnancy i would die and leave my children with no mother.  so i did.  we can not adopt due to dh's age.  and i have cancer.  so now i want a baby and can not have one or any means to have one.  it sucks!

purestambition
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I had my tubes tied 3 years ago.  I really wanted one child, but I didn't want to raise an only child, so I had another (lucky for me, I have a girl and a boy) so pretty much I was done. I don't regret it.  Actually now I'm looking to have a thermal abrasion!

littleluvbug14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Sounds like your were pressured more than you actually being ready.  I have no regrets whatsoever, so I'm sorry I can't help you there.  I had 3 preemies in 10 years ~ all earlier, and earlier.  A neonatologist telling me why I shouldn't have any more kids solidified my thoughts of having a tubal.  I could get baby fever in a few years, though, and I'm scared of that.  I wish you the best with getting through this!

gracey09
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:14 PM

i have two and cant wait to get mine tied.. two is good. im a working mother so two is all i can handle. im sorry that u are so upset and that so much pressure was put on you. i know how that feels. (( hugs))

C.H.D.Momma
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM

I don't regret getting mine tied one bit. My youngest son was born with a congenital heart defect & had to have heart surgery when he was 11 days old. I have a 13 year old & a 4 year old & honestly don't want anymore. I want to focus on the 2 that I have & that's more then enough to make me happy.

I'm sorry that your family pressured you, this was a decision made between my husband & myself. 

CHD is the # 1 birth defect and is the leading cause of birth-defect related deaths…
(While it is the most common birth defect, it is the least publicized.) My son is 1 in 100 affected by a CHD. Can you help spread awareness?
megafine
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:18 PM

I did, at 32 when my 3rd child was 8 weeks old.  There are still times I think "wouldn't it be nice to have one more?"  but then I remember how difficult my pregnancies were and how all of my children were born premature.  I know I made the right decision.

I'm so sorry you regret it.  I believe you can still do in vitro if it's something you want that badly....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)