Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ACK! No! Not a CHIN HAIR!!!

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM
  • 24 Replies

So, I woke up this morning, feeling fine, brushed my teeth, my hair, etc., and noticed something catching the light on my chin. I brushed at it with my hand, thinking maybe it was a stray hair from my head stuck there or something, only to realize it felt wiry, like one of hubby's chin hairs. Upon closer inspection I was shocked to discover it WAS a chin hair, but it was MINE!! Ack! I'm 34, much too young to be getting wiry little chin hairs!!

embarrassed

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
qkforever
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I know what you mean.  I have had one for a couple of years.  So embarrassing.

MamaBloom777
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:23 PM

Have you seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"?  All I keep thinking is when the mom's sister is trying to pluck the hair off her sister's chin & says, "one big one, one big one!"  LOL!  I'm so sorry!  But at least there are tweezers!  :) 

bamababe1975
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM

rolling on floorI love that movie! Maybe I'll think of that the next time I have to pluck that sucker away, and then I won't feel so bad, lol.

Quoting MamaBloom777:

Have you seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"?  All I keep thinking is when the mom's sister is trying to pluck the hair off her sister's chin & says, "one big one, one big one!"  LOL!  I'm so sorry!  But at least there are tweezers!  :) 

Tracy2377
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM

At least yours is a chin hair.  I have one that comes up on my neck.  My son calls it a "billy goat hair".  LOL  I am only 32.  Should I have "billy goat hairs"?  I pluck it and thankfully it doesn't grow very fast.

natesmom1228
by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I know the feeling. group hug

CarrieZack
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I'm 33 and have had one for the past couple of years or maybe longer, I forget. I keep plucking it every once in a while. Annoying!

steelcrazy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Welcome to the club.  Some of us are the lucky ones who get the chin hairs sooner than others.  I also have a hairy mole near my mouth.  I do lots of tweezing and have for many years.

mom.mama.mommy
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Ick, yuck, and me too :(

It's just one and keeps popping up every few weeks.  HATE it and might die if DH found out!!!

Mom to 3 boys, hoping to adopt a daughter.

adoption blog here

momof2andonly2
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:16 AM

I does get a couple little hairs on my chin and sometimes I will play with it til it comes off. The funny thing is I can feel it but can't see it. And, the thing is I am not that old I am almost 30, but had this for years.

singlemomof2nok
by on May. 27, 2010 at 9:55 AM

group hug 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)