• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meal Planning Software

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM
  • 16 Replies

Can anyone recommend a good meal planning program ?  I have one, but I don't really like it, I can't see the whole month at a time, and I plan monthly. 

Thanks eating

Nancy

by on May. 26, 2010 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crystal750
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:52 PM

bump 

purestambition
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:53 PM

BUMP!

mlg871
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:56 PM

BUMP!

littleluvbug14
by on May. 26, 2010 at 5:16 PM

I don't know if these are what you're looking for, but this is what I've found:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Meal-Planning.shtml

http://www.freewarefiles.com/Meal-Planner_program_50508.html

http://www.brothersoft.com/downloads/meal.html

There's more, but they looked like virus waiting to happen sites.  I pray these don't have viruses ~ download at your own risk.  Good luck!!!

NearSeattleMom
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:22 PM

BUMP!

natesmom1228
by on May. 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM

bump

mrswillie
by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM

How do you plan meals monthly?  (Not trying to be sarcastic)  We, my family, go through cravings, sudden schedule changes, weather changes, etc.  I can't plan day to day much less a month.  I only plan in advance if it is something special such as company, an outing, camping, etc.

ff-princess
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:05 AM

when we do our meal plan, it's more of a suggestion than written in stone.  there's flexibility in there - sometimes you just switch it around.  say I have roast chicken on the menu for Saturday, but Saturday comes around and we've run out of time or I'm too lazy to do it.  I'll switch the roast chicken for a meal on another day that's quick and easy, then make the chicken on the day you borrowed from. 

Quoting mrswillie:

How do you plan meals monthly?  (Not trying to be sarcastic)  We, my family, go through cravings, sudden schedule changes, weather changes, etc.  I can't plan day to day much less a month.  I only plan in advance if it is something special such as company, an outing, camping, etc.

Momo77
by on May. 27, 2010 at 11:06 AM

BUMP!

thewal3
by on May. 27, 2010 at 12:06 PM

I plan out around 20 meals.. I write them down on the dates that I "plan" to make them, but am flexible.  It makes it easier if I don't feel like cooking a big meal to steal the meal from next week thats quicker to make. If I plan for a month, then I shop for the month also, so everything is on hand.  Each month my kids, husband and MIL make suggestions on what they would like, and occassionally have handed me recipes they found in magazines, etc.  I also do 2 freezer cooking days, I make 5-7 large meals and freeze them.  Then when I'm too tired to cook altogether, everyone grabs a put-together meal from the freezer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)