Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who have a facebook account...(PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:21 AM
  • 16 Replies

I created a group called "Take the "sleeze" out of young girls and tweens clothing"

I have created this group in hopes that I will get quite a large number of members who support the cause. When the number gets large enough I am going to compose a letter to send to manufacturers and retailers and I am going to add the web address of the group.

I want to show these manafacturers that there are many parents out there who would love to see modesty in young girls clothing make a come back.

I started this group after a day out shopping with my daughter (12). We were looking for shorts. This turned into quite an adventure for us. We went to a number of stores and left empty handed. I could have walked out with a ton of shorts, if I wanted them to expose my daughters butt cheeks. Not only do I see this with shorts, but jeans, extremely low cut tops, bathing suits and heck they even sell thongs for these young girls.

IMO, it is getting to be too much. Enough is enough already. I realize some people may think this will fall upon "deaf ears". However I figured I would rather do something about it other than complain.

So ladies if you agree with me and have a face book account. Please join the group and spread the word to your friends and family.

There is power in numbers!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
duckigrrl
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:00 AM

BUMP!

Undomesticated
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I agree young girls need to bring back modesty.  But with manufacturers competing to keep the clothes shorter and sexier (cause that's what young girls want with the Paris Hilton's of the world prancing around in them).  I know we're the ones buying the clothes, but when they do their panels, they do it for girls in the age range their making clothes for, not the parents who will be buying the clothes.

Have you checked out www.delias.com?  They have some cute clothes that could be age appropriate.  They still have some clothes that could be considered sexy, but the majority of it is cute tween/teen girl clothing.

timefor2
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM

how about target or walmart, that is where we shop for my daughter and have never had a problem with the shorts,pants and tops being revealing.... I hope your able to find something for your daughter that will suit both of your needs....Take care!

ShelbysHope
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM

you rockI agree!  My hubby and I were just talking about this the other day, and with 2 girls I KNOW this wil be an issue. I get a lot of clothes from childrensplace.com and do well with the shorts.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM

My daughter is 12 years old and we are now shopping in the Juniors section where IMO the clothing is to sexy. It's hard once they are out of girls clothing and move into junior sizes.

I've checked walmart, no luck, I even went to K Mart I was that desperate.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Quoting Undomesticated:

I agree young girls need to bring back modesty.  But with manufacturers competing to keep the clothes shorter and sexier (cause that's what young girls want with the Paris Hilton's of the world prancing around in them).  I know we're the ones buying the clothes, but when they do their panels, they do it for girls in the age range their making clothes for, not the parents who will be buying the clothes.

Have you checked out www.delias.com?  They have some cute clothes that could be age appropriate.  They still have some clothes that could be considered sexy, but the majority of it is cute tween/teen girl clothing.

Thank you for the tip. I will go check out that web site and hopefully find something nice for her to wear. Pretty soon the next stop for me will be the boys department where I can get longer shorts.

Zakysmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Hell yea I will Join!  I hate shopping with my 11 year old daughter.  So much hoochie wear!

singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

BUMP!

awgarcia
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:30 PM

I was going to say the same thing.  My niece is 12 and I buy her things from Target.  All my dds' clothes come from there.  My oldest is only 6 but her shorts all come to her knees.  Another bother and another topic I guess is bathing suits.

Quoting timefor2:

how about target or walmart, that is where we shop for my daughter and have never had a problem with the shorts,pants and tops being revealing.... I hope your able to find something for your daughter that will suit both of your needs....Take care!

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Is your neice in a Juniors size?

Quoting awgarcia:

I was going to say the same thing.  My niece is 12 and I buy her things from Target.  All my dds' clothes come from there.  My oldest is only 6 but her shorts all come to her knees.  Another bother and another topic I guess is bathing suits.

Quoting timefor2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)