Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Classes for babies

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM
  • 6 Replies

My little man is almost 7 months old and I'd like to enroll him in classes/activities which would be fun for him and beneficial developmentally. 
We're going to be starting a music class in a few weeks called Music Together which somebody on here recommended but I wanted to know if you had any other suggestions or good experiences with classes for babies.

(FYI, we live in Dana Point, CA)

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tl.m
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Gymboree, has a good class. But seriously at 7 months you could just do this yourself at home. They really don't play with kids their own age until about the age of 18months +. But if you are wanting to get out and have some bonding time with your LO. A moms group would probably be cheaper.   But any time you take the time to enter act with your Lo it is beneficial for their development. Reading to them is one of the best things you can be doing right now.

Sheacat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM

baby and me yoga is always fun.  :)  And I think getting out of the house with your baby is good for both of you.  

M4LG5
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Quoting tl.m:

Gymboree, has a good class. But seriously at 7 months you could just do this yourself at home. They really don't play with kids their own age until about the age of 18months +. But if you are wanting to get out and have some bonding time with your LO. A moms group would probably be cheaper.   But any time you take the time to enter act with your Lo it is beneficial for their development. Reading to them is one of the best things you can be doing right now.

I agree.  I personally don't think classes at this age is really worth it unless they are more for you. 

owensmom34
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:06 PM

How about a swim class for you and your baby.  My kids used to love the water.

Sheacat
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Those are fun too.  :)  My daughter was 7-8 months when we introduced her to swimming, now at 2 she can't get enough, lol.

Quoting owensmom34:

How about a swim class for you and your baby.  My kids used to love the water.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting tl.m:

I agree.  I personally don't think classes at this age is really worth it unless they are more for you. 

I agree also

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)