Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let him?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM
  • 63 Replies

Would you let your 7 yo son get a mohawk?

I took my 7 yo son to get his hair cut the other day and he is like "mom, can I have a mohawk?"

I don't like mohawks, so I say "I am not paying to have someone cut your hair into a mohawk."

He then one ups me :o)  "Okay, what if I paid for it myself."

Luckily, he didn't have enough money.  I am really not a fan of mohawks.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supermomdiva
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Totally! My son had one! It wasnt cut that way though..just styled.

Wendums71
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM

I really don't like them either but I guess if he is willing to pay for it then it's ok.  Also, as long as it is summer and not when school is in session. 

singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Quoting Supermomdiva:

Totally! My son had one! It wasnt cut that way though..just styled.

hmmmmmm, that's an idea.  That way it doesn't have to constantly look like a mohawk.

BjFuller
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Gavon is 9 and he loves his. It is not a true mohawk. This was taken a Hard Rock Cafe. He can wear many different ways. Maybe this a compomise you can have with him. 

singlemomof2nok

Quoting Wendums71:

I really don't like them either but I guess if he is willing to pay for it then it's ok.  Also, as long as it is summer and not when school is in session. 

Definitely not when school is in session

Goof-Emom

I'm not a big fan of them but I did give in when my 8 year old wanted one. It was only during the summer time that he could have it though, once school started he had to get a "normal" cut (in our case a buzz cut)

M4LG5

I don't have a son but if I did.....probably.

Cindy_Bug
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM

my son gets a Mohawk every summer.  He is 10, but we have been doing this for the last 4 years or so.  Only allowed to have it in the summer, once it's time for school he gets it all cut off so not to be a distraction to others.  I say go for it it's only hair!  :)

singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Quoting BjFuller:

Gavon is 9 and he loves his. It is not a true mohawk. This was taken a Hard Rock Cafe. He can wear many different ways. Maybe this a compomise you can have with him. 

I might be able to compromise with this.

kristieb512
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I would because he trying to figure out who he is and if he wants one then he can get one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)