Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child ever stolen anything?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
After we left a store today we found a ball in my son's stroller. We have accidently stolen from stores before but it has never been his fault. I give him things to play with and didn't see them when we check out. They have even rolled under my daughters car seat when she was in the back of the cart. I blame it on baby brain. Has this happened to anyone else?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JenRene
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Oh yes! We just bring it back and explain. They've always been nice to us about it. We have two kids, one kid it happend to all the time. One kid just once. :) It's not that I didn't keep an eye on them. They're just fast and usually would fall asleep in the stroller, pull the blanket up over themselves and the toy.

pacificamom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:50 PM

lol not yet-- i have had to snatch things out of their hands though before exiting.

Wyldbutterfly
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Sure has. My Daughter once took a bag of M&M's from the grocery store. I promptly marched her right back in to the store and asked to speak to the manager. I told the manager what my daughter did.

What killed me is the manager looked at her and it was okay. I was floored. Here I was trying to teach my daughter a lesson and the manager said it was okay.

kmrtigger
by on Jun. 5, 2010 at 8:03 PM

No, but I have had a few cashiers not ring something up and place it in our bags. And when I tried to tell them it didn't ring up they tell me they know how to do their job. So I stopped telling them when they do their job wrong.

fridah
by on Jun. 6, 2010 at 11:45 PM
Yes my daughter picked a sweet frm the supper mkt and when we got into the car she started openning it we took it back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomeamylynn
by on Jun. 7, 2010 at 12:00 AM

We went in a store one time and when we came out my daughter, Amica, was in the back seat with her sister, Brittany, and said, "want to see what I got" I immediatly turned around to see what they had and discovered that Amica had stolen a keychain. She was four and Brittany was five. I made Amica take the keychain back into the store and admit that she had taken it. She cried so hard and I wanted to comfort her but she needed to learn the lesson. The cashier said she wasnt going to do anything but told Amica that I could go to jail if she stold something again. I didnt punish her becaue I figure she felt bad enough. Amica is now 9 and hasnt tried to steal anything else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)