Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anniversary suggestions please??

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

My husband and I will be married 10yrs in July and i wanna do something special except i havent a clue as to what lol.  We are simple people so no fancy dinners or trips for us.  So im looking for suggestions of  what to do.  I got a question for you girls too ... we have a 2 yr old so should he be involved in whatever we plan  or should it just be our time.  I know in my head it should be our time but my heart feels guilty for leaving Ethan out.  HELP!!!! lol

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
billiejo79
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Congrats! My dh and I will be celebrating 10 yrs in sept. We probably won't be doing anything. Dh was hurt at work on May 7th and just was released yesterday to go back to work with no restrictions starting today.

CallMeSupermom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM

When was the last time you had family portraits taken??  You could have pics taken of the three of you together and then just Mom and Dad and then each of you with the kiddo. 

Daffodils are the traditional 10 yr anniversary flower so try to incporate them into the photos to mark the occasion. 

Where do you live?  A day at a winery is always a fun time for us - we live near wine country in Northern Virginia so we do that often. 

JezzyJas
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:40 PM

When was the last time you had family portraits taken??  You could have pics taken of the three of you together and then just Mom and Dad and then each of you with the kiddo. 

Daffodils are the traditional 10 yr anniversary flower so try to incporate them into the photos to mark the occasion. 

Where do you live?  A day at a winery is always a fun time for us - we live near wine country in Northern Virginia so we do that often. 

Great suggestions!

myangels310
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Quoting JezzyJas:

Great suggestions!

Have to agree

MELRN
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:23 PM

well maybe you guys can do family portraits followed by a day at a place like great wolf logde-- which usually can provide a baby sitter in room for say an hour or 2 so you and hubby can enjoy a nice strol;

MomDirector
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:36 PM

I know how it feels to not want to leave the kid(s) out.  However, I have learned that it is important to reconnect with the hubby without the kids, even if it's just over dinner out while grandma stays with the kids.  I love my kids; but I'm in love with my husband.  Celebrating that love is wonderful.  A simple date night without children might be all you need if you don't normally get that.  But, for me, I love the idea of a winery and a night in a hotel.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM

not sure.  A weekend away would be nice.. doesn't have to be fancy... but i feel very firm about it should be just the two of you.

wilbsmommy08
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM

We live in nw Pa and we have a few wineries around .. that may be a fun idea.  I also like the pic ideas even though we just had some done.!

wilbsmommy08
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Thanks girls for all the ideas.. i like them all and have helped kick start my mind!  Thank you all also for easing my guilt about not including Ethan .. at least not in everything we do to celebrate that day. 

blackbeauty28
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:53 PM

How about having your 2 yr. old incuded in the daytime like a picnic for 3 at a park that way you can play with the baby in the park until he gets tired so by night it wil be just the two of you for a nice rendevous for two with a movie rental.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)