Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to SCREAM!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:35 AM
  • 7 Replies

screamingWe have a spider issue in my home. I thought if I got rid of the ants (the only other bug we had) the spiders would leave since they wouldn't have any food but they are still here and then today I found a HUGE spider the size of a tarantula. I have 4 plug in pest removers by Black & Decker...they don't work. I have also tried poison sprays, glue traps, powder poisons, moth balls, etc. I am at my wits end.

Can anyone please help me?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kellydand
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Ortho Max Home Defense - spray it around the outside and inside of doors - windows and any other entrances into the house.  Good luck!

ckdmom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:40 AM

maybe a call to a local exterminator so they can spray something around the outside of your house...that might help.

Something easier....hedgeapples (do you know what I am talking about)   If you set them in the corners of your rooms, the spiders seem to go away. It works in our basement!

virgochild79
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Get a bird feader in the front and the back yard,,,birds love to eat spiders so it might cut down on the amount of spiders you have coming into your home. Also, we have Teminix come spray inside and out every three months and it works great (we live in the country) so there are lots and lots of creepy crawlies that like to enter without permission lol.

The Home Defense spray by Ortho works great also. Hope this helps cause I know it's the biggest pain in the ass to have these spiders in your home. Everytime I see one in mine I freak all the way out and get really pissed that he even got in!

thebailiffs
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:21 AM

We finally got a company to come out and spray once a month. It is the best money we have ever spent.  In fact I have noticed a few so I will call the company and have them come out sooner.

I tried all of those sprays and nothing worked.

crwspringer
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:58 AM

is it damp in your home.  They like dampness.  You can try to get a dehumidifier.

mrswillie
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 11:00 AM

Bug Bomb the house...

jillg24
by on Jun. 18, 2010 at 12:05 PM

Thank you all so much I bought the Ortho Max Home Defense & am hoping it will work

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)