Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you react?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

When your child says something, oh too honest, in public, to a stranger! lol  Do you apologize to the person, and tell your child, that it wasn't very nice......or do you ignore it, like nothing happened. Tell your stories!!! All children, are brutally honest...there should be some funny stories!! LMAO

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kmrtigger
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:11 PM

If something that this were to ever happen....I would make my child apologize and I would also apologize for my child's behavior. Then Iwould speak  with my child about their behavior.  But so far my children are very respectful. And they know if they don't have something nice or polite to say to not say it at all. So I have not had this issue come up.

VAMPLUVR3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I can't remember for sure, how old Lakyn was at the time, but I think she was about 4....anyways, she overheard me talking on the phone to a friend of mine about one of my co-workers. I was really pissed, I was telling my friend how I couldn't stand him, he's a jerk, and yadda yadda. The very next day, and I kid you not, I went to the bookstore, with Lakyn, and my co-worker was there!!! I don't know why, because he didn't live anywhere near me. Anyways, he walked up to me and said Hi, I said hi back, and I introduced Lakyn to him. And to my complete horror........she said, "oh that's the JERK"!! I said, Lakyn...don't say things like that. Then she said "that's what you said, you said he was a jerk". I said...."no I didn't", then she said "yes, you did mama. You said it last night on the phone". Ahhhhhhhhhh.....I was so embarrassed!! LOL

dubnchix
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I would say, 'that wasn't very nice, now you say you are sorry to (the person) There is nothing more you can do, you know?  If your child refuses to say sorry, then you can say, 'I appoligize for my childs behavior.' and be don't with it til you got in the car or home.  *a few times, I have had to turn my head and laugh under my breath* :D

SoniaL
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:59 PM

My daughter (3 yr) ALWAYS seems to ask if someone walking down the street or in the store is a boy or a girl! lol  When the person hears I try to answer her like "Oh you are such a silly!  You know she is a girl!" and then get away as fast as possible before she tells me that the girl looks just like a boy.

momof754
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:02 PM

for some reason my kids dont say things in public that would embarrass anyone. i think it is because they get the warning before we get out of the car not to act up at all or there will be a punishment when we get home

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:34 PM

As of yet, Kyle really hasn't said anything embarassing in public but I have a feeling it can't be far off since he's really starting to speak his mind.  :)  I would talk to him after the fact though if he did say something inappropriate and try my best to allow him to understand why he can't say certain things in public.

Just2busymom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I look at the person apologetically, and tell my son afterwards that you don't say things like that in public.  You can ask questions or comment to me in private.  Most people have the " he's just a kid and that's what they do" attitude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)