Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

house work!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM
  • 3 Replies

she sleeps at 8 pm, but by the time she's down for the night, i have maybe the energy to wash the bottles before i pass out. i tell myself an hour nap and then my hubands waknig me up coming home at midnight. sometimes i need a day off, to do housework, and he  wants to ditch me with baby and i m not a supermom i'm having trouble balancing mom and housework, and voc rehab and promise jobs want me to find work.lately she's been making her opinion known--by screaming i put her hat on her head, we went out in the rain,  and she tried to pull it off, so i told her no, so she yelled no at me. she didnt want to wear her hat. she's only 9 monthes old isn't this a bit young to tell me no??????i'm tired of fighting with her. how do i fix it.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mom2wy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Just stay consisiten with her. My kids have their days and my DD is 15mths and she is very independent and wants to do what she wants to do. So you are not alone!! GL my dear! Hope it gets better soon!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM

hugs No began pretty early here, too, but like the previous poster said, if you're consistent with her, it'll get better. As for the housework, have you tried talking to your husband and letting him know how much you truly need his help with that?

joshbellamom
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:49 PM

First try to get a schedule together with the baby for starters definitely stay consistant in whatever you do. Eventually she will just follow the schedule by routine. Next tell your husband to try to be a little more quiet when coming home from work so that he doesn't wake you, even if it means putting his pj's or whatever he wears to bed in the bathroom so he can get ready in there and all he has to do is quietly come in the bedroom and lay down to sleep. Then you need to take advantage of the time when he is home, just leave the baby with him and tell him it's his turn. Even if it is just you catching up on housework or running errands or just going out for a brisk walk. Rely on friends, family, and neighbors for help too...everyone is always willing to help a women in need. Also a child is never to young to understand, next time she says no to you tell her "mommy doesn't like that" "that is not nice" "you don't say no" or just tell her yes, teach her while she is young who is the one in charge. Eventually she will know that saying no to you is wrong. Sounds like you just need a break, there is help out there like friends and family for support, sometimes just having someone watch your child for an hour while you have a little time for yourself is very refreshing and helps you stay in order. Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)