Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok ladies hubby and I are not sure what to do and wondered if anyone else has been in same position! Sry so long. PIOG UPDATE!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM
  • 26 Replies

 Well we never did hear back from the shingles company so not sure why but know it wasnt the place for hubby! But there is awesome news. After two long months of waiting for something open hubby will be starting new job at 7:30 am tomarrow morning. It is a base pay and them commision and bonuses but he is the type that can sell swimsuit to an eskimo. LOL It is a route job selling welding supplies and the route is already there for him. The guy who had it had to leave the company do to cancer. So that is sad for him but ya know. So I wanted to thanks for all the advise and prayers from you all!! Thanks so much!

 Ok here is the situation! Hubby was fired from his job on April 10th. We transfered here to Oklahoma back in November. Hubby has been witht he same company since Aug of 07 but the guys up here that run this branch are literally idiots. Hubby was let go cause the trucks (hes a truck driver) where very unsafe and if he had been pulled over he would have been shut down and they would have given him ticket for the problems not the company cause they say that you are the driver and you should have known that truck wasnt safe with such and such wrong with it.

So he has put in resumes everywhere and tons of ppl are telling him we arent hiring now so call back in month. Well he has done three interviews with Pepsi and we are just waiting to hear back from them on whether he gets the job or not. It has been a full month since his face to face interview and he has called like twice a week since to see if they decided anything and all they say is you are in the running for the job when decision is made you will get an email from us.

So he got an email from another company the other day. So we called like it said and it is for cdl driver for hauling shingles for this company. So we go and he does the interview so they sent him to do the drug screen. Well we got back home cause we have to wait for screen to come back b4 they can put him to work. So we was waying all the pros and cons of the job and waiting for Pepsi.

Well if he takes the job he will have to drive an hour and half to work and hour and half home. Plus with it being shingles we are worried that when summer is over he will not have any work. So then we get to putting in what he will bring home each week and since they said that he will work all the hours that are dot alotted we will loose the insurance for the kids so we will have to go 90 days without any insurance for the kids.

So what would you guys do?? Would you wait for the Pepsi job who has insurance the day you start and awesome benefits but you dont know how much longer you will have to wait? Or would you go with the one where he will be gone from sun up to sun down pretty much anywhere from 5 to 6days depending on how long his days are and loose insurance?

Please no bashing and thanks for any impute. We are really trying to do the most responsible thing. And our kids are all young from 1 to 9 and there is 4 of them. Again thanks so much for any advise!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM

good luckWow what a difficult decision to make!  You don't know what you're going to hear from Pepsi but it sounds like the better job of the two; on the other side of it, the other job definitely wants him to start working but like you said after the summer, who knows?  Honestly I would wait to see what Pepsi has to say.  I wish you good luck and hope it all works out for you, no matter what you decide.

 

mom2wy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:33 PM

 Thanks for your reply! Hubby wants to wait to hear back from Pepsi but I want him to take the job since we are running out of credit cards and savings! LOL

Quoting KylesMom409:

good luckWow what a difficult decision to make!  You don't know what you're going to hear from Pepsi but it sounds like the better job of the two; on the other side of it, the other job definitely wants him to start working but like you said after the summer, who knows?  Honestly I would wait to see what Pepsi has to say.  I wish you good luck and hope it all works out for you, no matter what you decide.

 

 

SillyRooster
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Why not take the job and give notice if/when Pepsi calls?

Shellness
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I would not wait. He can always quit and go to Pepsi if he hears from them. Unless you have a lot of money in savings to hold you over for a while?

CoachyMom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:44 PM

 I agree.  Good luck!

Quoting Shellness:

I would not wait. He can always quit and go to Pepsi if he hears from them. Unless you have a lot of money in savings to hold you over for a while?

 

MythicMMM
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:45 PM

My husband plays the "contract game" and he said he would not take the shingles job, but he would also not bank it all on the Pepsi job in the sense that he would still put applications in and go on job interviews to find something better than the shingles job which sounds very short term while waiting for Pepsi to make their decision.

mom2wy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:51 PM

 There is a job he heard about a few days ago at the recycling center here in town and he is thinkin bout seeing if they are still hiring and going there till he hears from Pepsi!

Quoting MythicMMM:

My husband plays the "contract game" and he said he would not take the shingles job, but he would also not bank it all on the Pepsi job in the sense that he would still put applications in and go on job interviews to find something better than the shingles job which sounds very short term while waiting for Pepsi to make their decision.

 

lvmisnenes
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:00 PM
take the job for $$ now n quit if pepsi calls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM


Quoting SillyRooster:

Why not take the job and give notice if/when Pepsi calls?

This is my thought too.

MedicMommyAnne
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:44 PM


Quoting lvmisnenes:

take the job for $$ now n quit if pepsi calls


ditto

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)