Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old were you when you were allowed to start wearing makeup?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:07 PM
  • 70 Replies

My mom had me wait till I was 16.  And the funny thing is, I couldn't WAIT to turn 16 just so I could wear it and I NEVER wear makeup today!  The only thing I might put on is lipstick and that's it!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmrtigger
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I was 13 years old and I had to buy my own.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I have two sisters (I am the youngest) and on each of our's thirteenth birthdays, my mother took us to Merle Norman, to learn how to put on makeup, the correct way.

Terri

ShercolynLanaye
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Me & my sister wasn't allowed to wear makeup til we was 18.Even now I rarely wear makeup.

NickiNavarro
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Sheacat
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM

almost spot on how my mom did it!  We went to lunch as well, and it was a nice girls day out.  That said I was limited to mascara, lip gloss and light blusher until I was a little older  :)

Quoting offrdngal:

I have two sisters (I am the youngest) and on each of our's thirteenth birthdays, my mother took us to Merle Norman, to learn how to put on makeup, the correct way.

Mamivon3
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:15 PM

I never ever wear make up. I can't stand the feeling of having anything in my face. NOt even lotion. My DD's  on the other hand love that stuff and want to have some allready. So far I can stand my ground for no make up, let see for how long.

lalasmama2007
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:17 PM

At 13 I was allowed to wear lipgloss and mascara.  All the other girls at my school were wearing a lot more than me.

Just2busymom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:19 PM

My mother never brought it up nor taught me how to put it on.  I never wore it until I was in my 20's.  I know, sad.  I don't  like lipstick, and find mascara hard to apply to my puny lashes.  Most days I only wear foundation and eyeliner.

NickiNavarro
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM

My daughter is a girly girl and I'm pretty sure she'll want to wear makeup. I plan to let her wear lip gloss and mascara in Jr High, and a little more as highschool goes on, but I will show her how to apply it and be part of the colors she picks out.

my4boys2002
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:40 PM
I was 12 or 13
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)