Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you can't sleep?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

Go on the computer, watch TV, read a book?  Honestly, if I did any of those things it would have the OPPOSITE effect on me!  LOL  I would be more awake.  I would like to hear what you do when you can't sleep, as I've had insomnia all my life and at times it gets really bad.

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShercolynLanaye
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I read...that usually puts me to sleep.lol

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Somtimes I read, sometimes I get the computer.  Most times I just lie there and watch tv until I actually do fall asleep (we have a tv in our bedroom).

Terri

ddhb2007
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:41 PM
I have to start my bedtime routine over. I'll read one chapter, adjust my blankets just so, and go to sleep. If that doesn't work, I'll surf for an hour, and try again. Once I give in to the tv, I can usually write off the rest of the night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I do my best to just lay there listening to hubby sore and watching the ceiling fan going around and hope that I fall asleep soon.  Like you, if I get on the computer watch tv, or read it keeps me awake.

Mom2jngnc
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM

scrabble on pogo

BigPrimpin
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I shake my leg or foot until either it or me stops.  lol It works almost every time. :)

Christy78
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM

if i can not sleep I start to clean and if I have a load of Laundry I 'll do the laundry.

Meg_the_Mermaid
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I get online, read a book, watch tv. And sip warm tea. And just wait till I get sleepy. Sometimes it takes hours and that sucks, but there's not much else I can do...I've dealt with insomnia (off and on) since I was a kid. Bleh!

momof754
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:33 PM

i play collapse on hubby's cell phone it usually makes me sleepy pretty quick,lol

owensmom34
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I go on the computer, read a book, or have a drink of water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)