Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do to get yourself going when you have no energy?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM
  • 32 Replies

Kind of the opposite question that I just asked when I wanted to know what you did when you can't sleep.  LOL  What do you do when you need energy and how do you wake yourself up when you're just dragging?

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Good question!  When I have no energy and I am dragging..there is no way IN HELL that anything is getting accomplished (aside from going to work).  I will try to get a nap, but that doesn't always happen.

Terri

mommasbabies77
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:17 PM
mmm...I am good at this. LOl..

No caffeine. It causes you to crash later. Showers are great to help you wake up. Other than that, you just do.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I am an oddball because showers don't wake me up.  LOL

Quoting mommasbabies77:

mmm...I am good at this. LOl..

No caffeine. It causes you to crash later. Showers are great to help you wake up. Other than that, you just do.

Terri

brandoneaglemom
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:05 PM

well, i drink greentea and i also take a b12 vitamin that helps me to get going.....ive also taken a shower and afterwards i would lightly turn it to cold and that would wake me up. but i take a b12 and drink greentea and thats what gets me up and going....and a good night sleep.

smfox
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Bump.....I need ideas!! Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhaney03
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM

this is gonna sound horrible, but if I'm really bad off... I mean, if the baby kept me up all night and I feel like i'm going to pass out, I pop a vicodin.  i know it's supposed to be a painkiller but it wires me as if I was mainlining caffiene.  It's not often i do that though cause I take a b vitamin complex with C + zinc. and when it's getting around that time of the month i take OPTIVITE, which is expensive as hell, and you have to ask for it at the pharmacy counter, but it works.  the directions say six pills a day but i only need two otherwise it gives me stomach trouble.

jennshart
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM

B12 definitely!  I do the caffeine thing but I'm in the process of cutting back.  Also, if i motivate myself enough to exercise, i usually have a good buzz for awhile after.

steelcrazy
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:19 PM

I put on some music and start singing and eventually dancing and that get's me going.  Something from the 1980's like Bon Jovi or Def Lepard usually works well for me.

MyIrishTwins56
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Coffee is my best friend. Followed  by loud music, dancing with the kids, and just generally, keep it moving - because the moment that I stop. I crash - so my motto is don't stop (doesn't always work though). 

AngelMama6203
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I despise coffee, and I have issues with not being able to stay awake. If my body says I'm done, I'm just done, there is NOTHING I can do about it. If I can catch myself in time, a 5 hour energy shot will keep me going for awhile, but I have learned that there are times when even those do nothing for me, and I fall asleep anyway!

When I'm just having a blah day and can't get motivated, I make myself clean something, and that usually starts a domino effect and I clean everything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)