• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy after Tubaligation

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM
  • 36 Replies

Has anyone ever had this happen to them, or know of anyone its ever happened to? I have been on time every month like clockwork since baby was born almost a year ago and now I'm almost 2 weeks late.  I had my tubes tied during my c-section.  Dont really know what to think.

Update- I spoke with the nurse this morning and she said that my tubes were tied, cut, and cauterized, which I assume means burned as well.  So she said that pregnancy is very unlikely because my  tubaligation is pretty much 100%.  So I guess I will just wait til my monthly friend shows up.  Thanks for your replies ladies.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MZ.ZAPATA1015
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:07 AM

i was wondering the same thing.i had my tubes tied about 8 yrs ago i was wondering if thats possiable for the last 3 months ive been having irregular periods

kelleysangels
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Well I know that its possible. I think its 1 out of 400.  I guess I am wondering, if I am the 1 that it happens to. LOL! But only time will tell.  If its not here by Monday, I guess I will take a trip to the doctor.  

sahm2diego
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:05 AM

It happened to a girl I know and she sued the dr. and got a good chunk of change out of it.  I also have my tubes tied and worry about it too.  I told my hubby he should go get "fixed" too so we can be safe x2 :)

Tracyfly
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM

It could be stress or it could be something serious.  When was the last time you had a check up with your gyno?

billssweety
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I used to worry about it.....but it has been 16 years I am figuring I am okay now....LOL

kelleysangels
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:36 PM

The last checkup I had with my gyno was almost a year ago.  Its now time for a yearly exam.  So Im gonna make an appointment on Monday regardless.  

Quoting Tracyfly:

It could be stress or it could be something serious.  When was the last time you had a check up with your gyno?

pregowithfifth
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM

just watched the show I didn't know I was pregnant and 1 woman on there had her tubes cut and 11 years later had a baby.

kelleysangels
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:39 PM

Wow, Im amazed that she was able to win that case.  Because the docs are suppose to tell you that it is not 100%.  Interesting.  If it happened to me, I wouldnt be all that thrilled, but I wouldnt be angry with the docs though. I guess I would just have to deal with it and be happy.   My hubby looks at me like Im trying to cut off the whole thing if I ask him to get fixed. LOL!

Quoting sahm2diego:

It happened to a girl I know and she sued the dr. and got a good chunk of change out of it.  I also have my tubes tied and worry about it too.  I told my hubby he should go get "fixed" too so we can be safe x2 :)

NickiNavarro
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:41 PM

can't it be life threatening to become pregnant after your tubes are tied?

billiejo79
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:47 PM

My aunt is a nurse and she told me that once it's been 3 yrs your chances increase of getting pregnant your chances then are like 1 in 100. I am actually wanting to get my reversed and have 2 more kids my dh isn't on board with it. So I have just praying that we both get on the same page with it wether it's me or him changing or mind.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)