• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any mommies out there that have 6 yr olds driving them up the wall!!! (PIOG)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

frustratedEver watch the Family Guy episode where Stewie is attached to Lois that famous "mommy, mommy, momma, momma...etc... well that is EXCACTLY how I feel . My six yr old boy is driving me up the wall.  He is home for the summer because I couldn't afford any day/summer camps this year and also I'm about to give birth within a week or so.  Every day and Every night all I hear is mommy here mommy there mommy come here mommy this mommy that....OMG!!!!!  Mommy mommy everywhere...and it doesn't help that now when he is watching tv he starts yelling and screaming at the characters...n then at every sec he comes to me and tells me what he saw and he adds more input to it.  OMG!!!! this morning he wakes up and I'm still in bed here it goes....mommy I want chocaolate milk, then after like a min once I've hit my bed again....mommy can u turn on the tv....OMG and then he is wide awake and all I here is the mommy song...mommy mommy mommy come here, mommy mommy mommy.....AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what I am writing here sounds wrong, I'm just frustrated and needing to vent.  I LOVE MY SON, trust me I do but I just wonder if there are other moms out there who goes through this too, Maybe it's the pregger hormones and I'm just coop up in this house because oh God my nesting phase has begun and that to is driving me up the wall because everything I want to do can't be finish....

I just want to go to the highest rooftop and scream my lungs out.....If u are wondering about DH, he is in the picture...the problem is that he works 3 days a week and comes home after 3pm and the other 2 days that he has off plus Saturdays he has school....and with my luck all of this "excitement" happens when DH is not around how funny is that....oh boy oh boy....

I just needed to vent crying

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mistx71
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM
You have reason to vent! My ds is 6 and dd is 8 and they do the mommy chant in stereo!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeleigh
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM

My 6 yr old daughter is EXACTLY the same way... she is pushy demanding insistent and lacks any and all patience... I love her but I can't wait for her to outgrow this phase

momof754
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:51 PM

honey, i have an 8,7 and 6 yr olds that think it is cute to do the same thing. most of the time after they sit and say mom so many times, they forget what they wanted in the first place. i have gotten to the point of telling them, mom isnt here right now, please leave a message after the beep and if you are in dire need of help she will call right back. please wait for the beep. then i wait about 2 minutes then beep,lol. it gives a little stress reliever. so, unfortunately it does not get any better as they get older. but we are here for you to vent away to

Undomesticated
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Does having a 2 year old that is driving me bananas count?  LOL.  We're in the process of weaning him because I'm 14 weeks pregnant, and you'd think that I just killed his dog or something.  He screams and screams and screams.  I'm glad he doesn't know the mommy chant yet, I dread that day!!!!  But he knows the daddy chant very well.  But that's because dad tries to give into him all the time.  Too bad they're my boobs, so it's a little hard for him to give in to our son on this deal.  So, now, instead, if dh happens to be home for these little chants and fits, he has decided to leave the room and let me deal with it on my own.  Thanks honey!!!!!  I'll remember that when you start to tell our son no!!!!!

Hope things get a little better soon.

naar
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM

it sounds like my son; but i also have a4 years old which add the calling mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy, trust me there is no way to vent LOL, just try to keep patient he will growout of it

BAMBAM06
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM

We love our Kids.  There are things that we go through on a daily bases that we want some peace and quiet for a few hours.  I have 4 kids, 2 dogs, and a wonderful husband,  The ages are 6 months, 2 yrs, 4 yrs, and 14 yrs. The two oldest are girls and the other two are boys. When the 2 & 4 yrs olds are not bugging each other or telling on each other then it is the oldest getting mad cause she has to do something to help me.  So I hear you,  VENT it helps to talk to someone.  YOu could try to find a water park to go to.  I know we have one close that is a park  and water that comes out of the ground it is free.

htreveth
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM
You are sooo not alone. My boy is 6 & I can confidently say I would take a 3 y/o over this age and stage any day!!! It must be the age because he is constantly talking and explains everything in great detail while insisting he is correct...uggghhhh!!! I love my son so much but he is driving me bananas! Like anything this stage will pass, right?! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
titi_726
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Thank you for making me laugh hahahahahahahaha this is funny :)

Quoting momof754:

honey, i have an 8,7 and 6 yr olds that think it is cute to do the same thing. most of the time after they sit and say mom so many times, they forget what they wanted in the first place. i have gotten to the point of telling them, mom isnt here right now, please leave a message after the beep and if you are in dire need of help she will call right back. please wait for the beep. then i wait about 2 minutes then beep,lol. it gives a little stress reliever. so, unfortunately it does not get any better as they get older. but we are here for you to vent away to

staceyLM
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:13 PM

Quoting momof754:

I do the "mom is not here right now, leave a message at the beep" lol..Or i say Who wants to play hide and go seek, Then I add "I will count u all go hide" they all go hide and i dont go looking for them..hahahaha then they get the hint..LOL Sounds cruel yea,.my 6,7 and 10 yr old  do a lot of barking at eachother (my 13 yr old stays out of it pretty much)..they too drive me nuttso! hang in there! It goes too quick ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)