Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am mad as h*ll!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM
  • 5 Replies

It pisses me off that it takes someone dying for a member of her family to say anything nice about her. My husband lost his great aunt this week and DH, my children, and myself were close to her. She lived next door to us. Connected to our driveway is not only DH's great aunt and great uncle but also his aunt and uncle and his parents. Four houses total on this driveway. My MIL is a very judgemental person, which drives me nuts to begin with, but she was always telling us that the great aunt and great uncle were not people that we wanted our kids around. They were never anything but good to us. The thing is that this is her aunt and uncle. Well, DH's great uncle called him to tell him Thursday that she had passed away (she had emphazima and was on 100% oxygen and was still smothering and they calle hospice in last week) and after all of this time, MIL finally said "she was a nice lady." WTF! All of these years that you talked shit about her and when she dies you finally say something good about her? She was a wonderful woman that loved unconditionally unlike my MIL that would rather bash you then get to know you...and yes I said this to her before putting it on here so don't think that I am bashing her because I bashed her to her face first. It just pisses me off so bad that such a nice person had to wait until she was dead before her own family said something nice about her.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FrogSalad
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:29 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. 

I've noticed that some people feel like they can't speak ill of the dead (even if they disliked them when they were living).  I don't understand why that is.

usafwife98
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I feel ya!  My mom has had breast cancer twice....the first time was 4 yrs ago and then she was diagnosed again almost a year ago.  My dad's brothers wife has been my moms arch nemesis for years!  I swear those two are worse than teenagers.  When my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer my mom suddenly became her BFF to her face while talking shit behind her back.  She also does this with 3 of my dad's sisters as well as 4 of her own sisters.  I get so sick of it.  It makes me wonder if she does this behind my own back too.  I have distanced myself from my mother over the last few years due to her backstabbing behavior.  It sucks when they talk bad about people and then are nice when something bad happens. 

usafwife98
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Quoting FrogSalad:

I'm sorry for your loss. 

I've noticed that some people feel like they can't speak ill of the dead (even if they disliked them when they were living).  I don't understand why that is.

I have no problems speaking ill of my MIL because she was an awful person that never liked me anyway.  When she passed away I felt nothing but relief that my feud with her was over.  Of course I felt bad for my hubby but he knew she was wacky and crazy too so they weren't as close as they used to be. 

CharityTipton
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:05 PM

I could understand her saying bad things about the aunt before she died if she was a bad person but she would do anything for anyone and not ask for anything in return and would never even say anything bad about someone if you paid her. Her idea of cursing was to say "bull crap"

usafwife98
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Quoting CharityTipton:

I could understand her saying bad things about the aunt before she died if she was a bad person but she would do anything for anyone and not ask for anything in return and would never even say anything bad about someone if you paid her. Her idea of cursing was to say "bull crap"

I hate when people talk bad about people for no reason.  It really makes no sense if you think about it.  Why the heck would they do it?  Because they are jealous?  Because they have created an argument in their head and carry a grudge?  I am sorry for your loss. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)