• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you think people should clean up dog poop when they are walking their dogs?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:14 PM
  • 100 Replies

The reason I ask is this one neighbor always lets his dog take a crap on our lawn and I'm sick of cleaning it up!  I would understand if it was the kid doing it but it's the DAD and for cripe sakes...I don't have a dog!  I wish people would have some respect!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovexzavier
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Yes, I do think that ppl should pick up poop if their dog took a crap on your lawn. No questions asked, it is just the right thing to do!

mymagicfairycom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:18 PM

i hate that

I have two large dogs

and i always carry a belt that is full of bags

I hate going to a park full of crap

people are so rude and lazy

One time i got yelled at...by a man who said i should pick up my dogs poop

as he saw my girl dog squat ...she was peeing

so i told him

PLEASE make sure first before you accuse someone...that infact they are doing what you accusing them of

It kinda ticked me off

as he was very rude about it

conniesclan
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM

OH HELL YEA... I hate it when people let their dog poop and they pretend like nothing is happening. They should be ticketed!

jbyrd898
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:46 PM

No doubt! it's only polite!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
bsbowlan
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Absolutely! It is completely rude and gross...not to mention a health issue.

Mayeb you should tell the man not to let his dog poop in your yard or if you see him out there take him a plastic bag and ask him to clean it up.

ValerieRNmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM

YES YES YES! I have 2 dogs and we clean the poop in OUR yard weekly. If we are walking them or they stray into our neighbors yard we clean it up then and there. We live in a condo and have a community space that we share with the other residents in our building, my neighbor at the end has 2 little dogs and they NEVER clean up the poop. My son and his friends play back there and are constantly getting poop on their shoes and clothes. It's disgusting and unsanitary. On many occasions I have watched them and wanted to go out and pick it up put it on their porch, set it on fire and ring their doorbell. But hubby said that wld be childish *lol*! But it burns me up, it takes 5 seconds to pick the s%^t up!

worship
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:57 PM

ya I think they should , its their dog .  How would you feel if you had to pick up someone elses dogs poop.....

KTMOM
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Absolutely people should pick up after their dogs!!  I have a big problem with that,  considering we live on a large corner lot and people seem to think our yard is common area and they let their dogs crap out there all the time.  I am going to get some signs made but just haven't gotten around to it yet.  I carry poop bags with me all the time (tied to my dog's leash) so I can clean up if he poops somewhere he shouldn't.  It is common courtesy,  and you would think,  common sense,  but some people are just not too smart or polite.

ShercolynLanaye
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM
We don't dogs so of course I would a dog owner to clean up after their dog.We...especially our kids do not want to stepping in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShercolynLanaye
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:11 PM
Yes,we don't own any dogs.....

Quoting ShercolynLanaye:

We don't dogs so of course I would a dog owner to clean up after their dog.We...especially our kids do not want to stepping in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)