Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PMS

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM
  • 3 Replies

Has PMS gotten worse for you as you've gotten older? When I was a teenager all I got was cramps. I got pregnant when I was 20 and after that I never got cramps again. I was pregnant again at 23 and then my cramps came back but only for like 6 months. When I got about 25 I started getting a pimple and mood swings every month. Now that I'm in my 30's I crave chocolate or anything sweet, my mood swings have supersized , little things irritate me, kids get on my nerves and the house has to be clean (especially the bathroom and kitchen). I was wondering if anyone elses' symptoms of PMS have gotten gotten worse as they've gotten older.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
bamababe1975
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:19 PM

It did, but I also have had problems with PTLS, endometriosis, endometrial hyperplasia, and recurring ovarian cysts. I think the wider range in moods and more rapid swing from one to the other, though, is completely because of age.... at least for me... my mom was 35 when she started experiencing signs of menopause.

BluDog
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I have always had issues with PMS and it started getting bad this last year. My MIL told me to try a B Vitamin supplement (I'm a natural get what you need from the foods you eat girl) and I blew it off. About a month later I was at work, about to go home and a total mess...crying, angry, the works. I called my best friend and she told me to try a B complex. I stopped at the store on the way home and bought a bottle w/nothing artificial in it and took it as soon as I walked in the door. I really did not expect it to work. We sat down to dinner and no joke about 40 minutes later this wonderful feeling washed over me...I was still down but able to put things in perspective. I stopped one time for 2 days when we were travelling and look out! I wanted to kill someone...so I ran to the pharmacy & got a bottle! My poor family...for a while I took it only when I was a monster but now I just take it daily and I am the sweet girl my hubby fell in love with instead of the controlling bitch that was clawing to get out. Personally, I have found that Finest Natural B~100 from Walgreen's works great. I've tried other formulas, less expensive and less potent but my reputation and marriage is worth the extra money! 

steelcrazy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Yes, my PMS has gotten worse the older I have gotten.  My periods have also gotten alot more sporadic in the last few years, my OB says that it is because my body is going though a hormonal change that occurs just before the on set of menopause.  Not what I wanted to hear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)