Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just need to vent...any advice or suggestion or 'useful' criticism welcome

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

I sent my kids over to the neighbors to play. Hubby asks me to pick up something (hasn't been feeling good at all). Came back from the store, hubby says i need to take him to urgent care. Alrighty then. Need a sitter. At the same time I was getting a sitter, realized one of my kids was not accounted for. Last place I knew she was at was the neighbor's house. Banged, rang doorbell, hollered...no answer. Couldn't remember phone number to save my life. I knew she was with the neighbor so i wrote a note with my cell phone # and instructions. Figured she was putting her baby to sleep. Sent the rest of the kids to another neighbor, told them about the missing 2nd child and where I believe she may be....40 minutes later...get a phone call from another neighbor asking where are you? Told her I was at urgent care and that they were transferring hubby via ambulance to ER (yeah, it was definitely not our day). Neighbor tells me a new neighbor called the Sheriff's department on me! The cop goes on the line and starts yelling at me. I was already fantic and needless to say not in my right frame of mind...so i hung up on Mr Police Officer (not the most brightest thing i could have done) So instead of following the ambulance I had to go home. Where once again the bully officer starts yelling at me. By the way there were 3 of them and they were all 6'4. They asked if they could go in my house (mistake #1). I talk loud, always have, so the bully cop started talking over me and asked what my excuse was! I wasn't even given the opportunity to tell my side of the story. I was already put in the defensive from the phone call and was not feeling warm and fuzzy with 3 strange and tall men in my house (next time tell officers to suffer). I am only 5'2 and don't like to be intimidated..so i guess i was being my less than charming self. Needless to say bully cop is calling DCS on me....sigh...i'm writing a complaint letter to his boss and getting my lawyer on him for harrassment. Since this occurred today, i haven't done the letter writing or got my lawyer on the phone. Any advice?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Parkness
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Wow! That's a tough one. well, I to be honest I would not have left if my child was unaccounted for. There are so many crazies out there today anything could have happened. BUT I do not agree with a police officer yelling at you. There job is to asses the situation and remain calm. By him yellng that would only escalate an already intense situation.

I would never want DCS involved in my parenting, I do not think it would hurt to call an attorney for advice. Best of luck!

shany76
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

damn girl first off how is your husband?? I would call and talk to his supervisor..is your child ok??

3mommy3
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM

First off, I hope your DH is going to be okay and it is nothing too serious.

Secondly, I am gonna have to side with the authorities on this one. I can't imagine just leaving my cell # for someone to contact me a/b my child, and not knowing where and who they were actually with before pulling out of my driveway.....Also, if I were the neighbor finding the # and was not made aware of all circumstances I would have probably been a little put off, as well. I hope you get it all straightened out and have no serious repercussions due to the choices made under such stressful circumstances.

kristielee79
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Sooooo, where was your child?? Was he/she at the neighbor's house that you thought they were at, or were they out wondering around with no supervision?? Didn't the neighbor that you thought your child was with have anything to say to the police about the entire situation??  Not that you can change the situation now, but I wouldn't have just let a number, You should have just opened the door and walked in if you thought your child was there.

As for getting a lawyer involved trying to say it was harassment, that isn't going to work. In the officer's defense, of course he is going to talk over you if you are being very loud. He is going to see you as being non-compliant with his questioning. If you are being defensive, he is going to be defensive in return. Remember, if your child would have become missing, it would have been those officers who would be out there looking for him/her. I know you had a horrible day with your husband, who I hope is doing better now, but you were in the wrong and can't turn the blame onto the police that were involved in the entire situation.

TawnyR
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom212
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:05 AM

wow..first of all..breathe...what a mess..who is that new neighbour?if the one neighbour that had two of your children and the one you left the note to were ok with it...why would anybody call the cops?

jbyrd898
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:15 AM

Definitely need more information-Did you send them to you your neighbor's house initially with/without talking to the neighbor (when you sent them to the neighbors to play)? Did you see them go in? How old was the missing child? Where was the child found?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
Umm__Rashid
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:40 AM

hugs

fallnangel3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Why did they call the cops?  I'm confused sorry LOL

singlemomof2nok
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)