• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to get pregnant...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM
  • 6 Replies

I had my first child when I was 28.  It was not hard to get pregnant, took two months.  Now, fast forward a few years, I'm 31.  We decided to have one more baby.  It's not so easy this time. So I decided to get a few things right,  I've lost 20 pounds, I'm in shape, I try to eat healthy (most of the time) I just can't get pregnant.  I'm trying not to stress, I'm just worried.  My doctor told me that I only have like a 30% chance since I'm in my "thirties".  She made me feel like an old woman.  My husband hasn't said a word, I think he would be just as happy with just our little boy.  I know I would too, I just thought it would be just as easy.

P.S.  We've been trying for six months.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kristielee79
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Seriously, you have to know your cycle (which I'm sure you already track). Then, after your husband does his "part", roll over onto your tummy with your pelvis on a pillow and your hiney in the air (looks absolutely ridiculous and your hubby will get a great laugh, but it worked for all three of my kids!). My GYN told me to do this because I was having difficulties after my first child, and now I have 3!! Good luck!

eeyorerdl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Quoting kristielee79:

Seriously, you have to know your cycle (which I'm sure you already track). Then, after your husband does his "part", roll over onto your tummy with your pelvis on a pillow and your hiney in the air (looks absolutely ridiculous and your hubby will get a great laugh, but it worked for all three of my kids!). My GYN told me to do this because I was having difficulties after my first child, and now I have 3!! Good luck!

hhmmm...I may have to try this one myself!  Thanks for the tip!

eeyorerdl
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:55 PM

In your 30's or not, there's plenty of women who get pg, even unexpectedly, at that age.  I'll be 31 in september.  We have been trying for a year now.  There's a number of tricks and tips to try and see what works for you. 

Have you joined the TTC group on here?  I'm in it and it's full of advice, encouragement and support.  You'll find that some get pg again VERY quickly and others it can take years.  With that said...most women who have gotten their positive pg test result have said, they had given up and "whaddaya know", they got pg.  I've heard the best method is to "try without trying."  The stress of TTC in itself may delay conception and/or implantation.

OK, I've rambled enough...GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND BABY DUST!!!

nettie79
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:09 PM

My husband and I are hoping to try for another baby when I get my IUD removed. That is something that I am afraid of. I had a great pregnancy with my daughter up to the very end of my pregnancy then it got complicated.

I wish you luck and I am hoping that you will conceive soon!

froggynow3
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:31 AM

With my first child it just happened..We werent trying to get pregnant. With my second child 6 years later, I had to stop trying for it to happen. I was stressed every month that it didnt happen so I gave up and found out the next month I was pregnant. With this child she was unplanned and unexpected. We werent even considering another child. And again Im pregnant.. So in my experience you stop trying and do the deed to enjoy it with your spouse and it will happen.. Im 30 almost 31 and didnt have an issue getting pregnant so unless you have a history of having a hard time getting prego I wouldnt worry. Just enjoy it with your spouse!! Good luck

jessicaquinn
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Thanks for all the encouragement.  That's why I joined this website- great people like you.  I'll keep yall updated on what is going on.  THANK YOU SO MUCH

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)