Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Loving alcoholoc Husband?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have been married for six years to a good man, but his binge drinking on the weekends is getting old.  I have fears that we're going in two directions at this point.  I'm 35 and he's 45.  I don't think he's going to change, he's been doing it for years.  I don't know what to do because I  love him, but don't trust him because of the drinking and the bar seen.  Any suggestions?

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Divatude
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM

My heart goes out to you because I can so relate.  My DH struggles with the same thing.  During the work week he's great but the weekends are another issue.  Thankfully, he finally realized how much damage it was doing to himself and our family and has made significant improvements but he still has his lapses from time to time.  Raising two boys, my struggle is not wanting them to see this and continue a cycle (yes, my father and grandfather had the same struggle) in our family.

IMAMOM2-2KIDS
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM

SOrry my hubby also drinks alot on the weekends but it is at home and mainly after the kiddos go to bed.

Annacka
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM

I was married to an alcoholic so I can sympathize. We tried everything counseling, AA, and separation. Each time he went back to drinking and I couldn't have our son grow up like that so we got a divorce. The problem isn't just the drinking it is the lying that goes with it. He was never mean to me but he lied and stole money for his habit. I couldn't live like that. I am sorry but if you have tried everything else it may be time to leave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)