Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you believe some Mother's out there?!?-HAVE TO VENT!-PIOG

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:58 AM
  • 13 Replies

I took my daughter to the mall today.  While playing in the play area, I was just sitting back watching the kids when I witnessed a little girl arguing with another little boy (both around the age of 4yrs) about a toy wheel on the side of the wall.  The mother of the little girl was sitting right next to the two arguing children telling them they need to share and take turns.  The mother then said to her daughter, "Just go play with something else.  It's obvious HE'S not going to share anyways."  By then, the little boy ran away crying to his own mother about the incodent.  After the boy left, I overheard the mother say to her daughter, "When something like that happens and you want to play with something, don't just stand there!  Push the kid down and out of the way!".  I WAS SHOCKED!  I did a double-take and almost asked her if I heard her right.  PUSH ANOTHER KID DOWN?!?!?  Why resort to such violence?  I was witnessing the creation of a BULLY right before my eyes!  A few minutes later, my daughter (4yrs old) walked up looking like she wanted to play with the toy.  I was just waiting for something to happen, but, by then the girl and her mother were getting ready to leave.

What do ya'll think about this situation?  Have you ever witnessed anything like this?!?  No, the situation had NOTHING to do with me, but, if it were you, would YOU have said anything after you overheard the Mother's advice to her child?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Real nice....I probably would've spouted off at the mouth like I usually do when I witness STUPID PPL doing or saying something so assanine!!! I need a bumper sticker that says I HATE STUPID PPL!!! Grrrrrr

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Funny we were just talking about stuff like this at work tonight. I wouldn't have said anything unless it involved my kid. You just don't know how people are going to react to you these days. Plus the little ones are always watching. I would however, immediately get online and talk about her like the crappy parent she is.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Its people like that who just can't believe their little angel is a bully to other kids when they get older. You know the ones that are like "my child would never act that way" I have 2 kids like that who live across the street from me. They are only like 4 & 5 but they do whatever they want because their mom/grandparents don't tell them any different. One of them barged into our neighbors house and when she told him that he can't just come into her house his response was "yes i can my grandma told me i can go where ever i want"

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I would have really had to bite my tongue to not say anything to that mother.  She should have never said anything about the little boy to hurt his feelings, that was really immature on her part

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I probably would have told my kids the same thing, but only if the other kid had pushed them first. But I would have never said anything about the lil boy sharing.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM

I've never witnessed anything like that before. If it were me, I would be like you. I'd want to say something but I wouldn't unless it was my child involved in some way. Saying something would probably not have done much good. It would have gotten the other mother upset and the kid would just thinkt that their own mom was right and you were attacking their mom. If somehow a conversation could have been had in private between the two moms involved I think that would have been the best thing, but that does not seem possible in this situation. Just very sad! Hopefully other adults in the little girl's life will teach her otherwise.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I think its just silly  for the mother to say something like that but it happens.Yes I witnessed something like it a few times myself a few times like that myself.Yes I would have told her excuse me but you were a bit out of line for telling your child to push the other one out of the way if you want the toy.Because after all their just children playing with toys.And yes your absolutly right that does sound like a bully in the making or worse.I can see that lady going to court alot in her future.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Wow,...I would like to think I would have said something, but I probably wouldn't have unless I could say something without the child hearing me. I see all kinds, just makes me feel sorry for the kids. She is setting that child up for some major issues down the road, wait til that kid starts school.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM

i would only tell my child that they could respond if and only if the other child acted out in the first place. it is parents like this that are breeding bullies and it is such a shame

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM

and i dont know if i would have said anything to them but if it were directed at my child, i most definitely would have spoken up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)