Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you trying to quit smoking?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM
  • 8 Replies

What have you found to be helpful or work in quitting smoking?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
singlemomof2nok
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:47 AM

BUMP!

Jaye677
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Bump, I would like to quit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:32 PM

I had the guilt factor. I quit the day I found out I was expecting my dd, she's 16 now.

My brother quit using the patches. (He has since started again)

My mom quit with a nicotrol inhaler. (But she started again too)

Becky_71
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:35 PM

My husband quit in September. (i'm not a smoker) but he found an app for his phone, every day it shows him how many cigarettes he's gone without smoking, how much money he's saved, the benefits to his body, and it also provides you with "lovely" pictures of the damage of smoking on the body.  This was quite helpful for him to stay motivated.

mrswillie
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Buprophren (generic Wellbutren).  Dh & I quit 3 years ago after seeing my sister (then 38) have a quad bipass & 9 holes lasered in the bottom of her heart.  She had already had something like 6 stints placed.  He dr. asked who dh & I were.  When I told him, her sister, dr said," you know her blood runs through you".  YEP...that did it for dh & I.  We quit.

momof754
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:45 PM

quit, it will be 3 years this november 12th. i fou that chewing a lot of gum and having a bunch of healthy snack foods around the house helped me alot. also i could breathe easier so it made it easier to exercise and that seems to help now

mommibug
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:23 PM

I haven't smoked in 12 years! I found that when I was ready to quit I just had to go cold turkey. I found that a couple things really helped. I made habit of eating a healthy breakfast. It's easy to get into the habit of grabbing a cup of coffee and a morning cigarette. Also since these things go hand in hand often, I stayed away from the alcohol and the coffee till I felt I actually had control over not smoking. Actually I ended up quitting those too! Drinking plenty of water during the day helped a bunch.  It's not easy to break habits, It takes persistance. If you give in, don't beat yourself up over it either. I fell off the wagon many times before I quit.

semazani
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM

My wife used Chantix....my sister did as well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)