Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many people did you date before you got married?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM
  • 38 Replies

How old did you marry?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
possummom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:24 PM

i dont have the number of men i dated...i dont really know. but i was 24 when dh and i married. we both dated others and i was even engaged to another man when he and i started dating.

mrsjeni
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM

A few.  :)  But before I married my DH, I was previously married.  He turned out to be abusive and an alcoholic, so I left after about 5 years.  We didn't have children together--he had two from his second marriage, and we had two dogs (which came with me).  During the divorce, we agreed we could date other people--and two weeks later I found my DH.  We met on eHarmony.  Almost two months after my divorce was final, we got married.  Then on our wedding night, we got pg--something I was told I couldn't do.  :D 

Between my ex and my DH, I went on a few dates, but nothing that was serious or of any interest.  DH was it the second that we were matched.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I don't know how many I dated before I got married.  I was 28 when I got married and I was 31 when I got divorced

momof754
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM

i can not put an exact number on how many guys i dated before i got married. i was 26 when i got married.

offrdngal
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I dated 5 guys before getting married the first time.  After kicking my now-ex out, I got back together with a guy I dated in HS (the love of my life) and we got married last year.

lizzig
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM

well uhm......define dating? ;o)  I had only one serious relationship before my husband, we were engaged but things didn't work out.  When I was younger I wasn't into having serious relationships I just wanted to have fun.

I was 27 when I met my husband & 29 when we got married.

Voiceofanangel
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:48 PM
ummmm way to many to count, I married at 21 had 2 kids and divorced the SOB. Then went on a dating spree in my late 20's... (yikes) Met current hubby and we have been together for almost 8 years now, married for 2.
mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Don't know how many I dated before getting married. I got married when I was 22. We just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary in June.

mommyfox03
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:18 PM

only about 3. I got married at 21

Katt709
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM

What does "date" mean? I had a lot of boyfriends. And then when I didn't, I was usually on a date with someone. I wasn't a "single" person very much. I turned 30 a few months after my wedding. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)