Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anniversay Party?????

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

In January me and my hubby will be married 10 years.  We had a very samll wedding and no honeymoon plus we have never had an annivesary party.  This year I told everyone I would like to have a party and maybe a recommitment ceremony since so many people were not able to come to our wedding and that I don't want gifts that what ever money they would have spent put towards a "Honeymoon" Fund.  My husband went to work the day after our wedding and has never taken a vacation with us in order for me to be able to with the kids.  So I think it is our turn to have a grown up weekend or something.  My problem is I have no Idea how to go about any of this.  To do a ceremony, party, or anything?  Sugestions would be a great help to me.  How did you spend your anniversary and has anyone ever done a recommitment ceremony?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
singlemomof2nok
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:39 PM

BUMP!

momof754
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM

we have not done one as of yet. but our situation was close to yours as well. except it was me going back to work the next day. we are planning on doing a recommitment this next may (our 10 year anniversary as well). we didnt have the money to go on a honeymoon, so we are thinking about taking the time to go on one during the summer, so as to not lose anytime at work. i am going to call the minister at my husband's church and ask him if he will do the recommitment ceremony and i plan on doing all the cooking for our anniversary party so that will save us a bunch of money. i think we are either going to rent the rec center around the corner from us or the shelter house up the hill from us. we will do the ceremony right there. good luck on yours

bamababe1975
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Our 10th came and went like it was just another day, but mil was just diagnosed with stage 3 endometrial cancer at the time, so that crushed our plans for having a renewal ceremony. Anyway, I think it depends on what you want to do? Do you want a ceremony and a reception, or just a party, or what? It really comes down to budget and what you want to do. :)

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM

My hubby and I are planning to renew our vows on our 20th anniversary (4 more years).

We have a cookout almost every year at our place for our anniversary so we will do the same that year and have some one there who can renew our vows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)