Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-Sections....?!?!?!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:21 PM
  • 96 Replies

Who has had one? Who has had more than one? Did you opt to have it or was it necessary?

I had 3 c-sections.  After my first baby, I was NEVER EVER going through all those hours of labor and pain only to have a c-section again! So I didn't.....the 2nd and 3rd were much smoother with alot less stress and drama.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
azpreemiemom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I had one with my third baby. When I have #4 and final, I am hoping for a VBAC. Recovery for me was much more difficult after the c-section than after the vaginal birth, however my Dr did say that mine would be more painful than most because of the issue that caused me to have a c-section. How was your recovery from your subsequent c-sections?

cowboysgirl3227
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM

I have had 2, with my first I was in labor forever until they finally decided that I needed to have one done.  I have a family history of big babies and my son was no exception weighing 9 lbs 7 oz.  With my daughter I told the doctor that I did not even want to try VBAC because I knew she would be a big baby as well.  I could just tell.  It was so much smoother and a much better experience than with the pain and long hours of labor with my son.

bamababe1975
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:33 PM

1 emergency bc of unprogressive labor, infection, high bp, fever in me, and fetal distress,
1 planned bc nobody does vbacs when they're so close as mine at 11mos apart

Meli7983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:38 PM

My first was c-section because she was losing oxygen and my 2nd was also c-section because they said I got pregnant too soon after the first one and the chances I would tear were too high from not having enough time to heal properly.

sportemom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM
I had a C-Section. My lil was stuck in a very awkward position. They tried to do a Version. Wound up taking him out 2 weeks early. I hated the healing, but the Dr who performed it actualy did a lil tummy tuck for me & didn't staple.
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ame4c
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:32 PM

My 1st one was emergency.  He was a 10 lb baby and got stuck in the birth canal, but would not come down far enough for forceps. 

My 2nd one was elective.  I chose to have a c-section because they were predicting her to be 9 1/2 lbs and I didn't want to go through that again...LOL.. the 1st one was 39 hours of labor.

M4LG5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I had my first natural.  With my twins, the first one came out natural and the 2nd one came out emergency c-section.  I don't intend to get pregnant but I wouldn't go through c-section again.

M4LG5
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Quoting azpreemiemom:
 Recovery for me was much more difficult after the c-section than after the vaginal birth,

I was up and walking around after vaginal with minor issues.  With c-section, i was trying to hold twins and take care of my older daughter (then 2 years, 10 months) with my stomach hurting.  No way!!

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."

May is Foster Care Awareness Month....how can YOU help?  www.fostercaremonth.org

Jaye677
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:37 PM

I've also had 3 c-sections.  My first was an emergency c-section, second scheduled and I had a c-section/partial hyst. at 36 wks for the third due to complications. 

billssweety
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I had 2, the first after 27 hours and dialating to 2, TWO!!!  Then after my second one I had a new doc and said my uterus was tilted and I was incapable of delivering naturally, duh wish I knew that before!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)