Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you collect as a child? Do you still have the collection? If not, what do you collect now?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM
  • 32 Replies

My brother and I both collected baseball cards.  I couldn't tell you how many we had!  We had so much fun with them.  I also collected Barbies.  I have neither of those collections and now I collect anything that has to do with birds and/or birdwatching.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I didn't collect anything as a child that i can remember. Now I collect carnival glass.

grneyedormom
by Kendra on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I collected a few things..anything ice skating related, little tiny candle holders, NKOTB paraphenalia (yes, yes, I know.) Now I collect books and art work from my daughter. :)

devonNjaedon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:01 AM

How funny, I collected baseball cards as well.....I had tons of them. I also collected barbies :) I have neither of them now. Once I had 2 boys my barbie collection was sold on eBay and I have no idea what happened to the baseball cards. I don't collect anything now, as I despise clutter lol

My son- Devon, age 7.  Endured a Below Knee Amputation & Broken Femur after falling off a  tractor ride w/ grandpa! Over 100 kids are killed &33,000 injured each year PLEASE Keep Kids OFF Tractors & Away from mowers of any kind! Our news interview link below-To spread awareness http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-story-health-lawnmowers-071210,0,6211117.story

owensmom34
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 6:13 AM

I collected Barbies and Strawberry Shortcake Dolls.  I don't collect anything now though. 

MomofMiracle
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 7:01 AM

I collected keychains.  I have the collection still.  It was a great "cheap" item my parents would buy for any vacation or business trip destination.

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM

When I was young I collected mini spoons. I wanted to have one from each state, it never happened. I don't have them anymore. I moved so much when I was younger they all got lost over time.

Now I collect apple stuff for my kitchen, Native American art/pottery and books.

Nindy
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:07 AM

I collected anything with Smurfs when I was little- they got lost in the move when I moved into my first house. I collect Disney snow globes now and have started collecting the small ones for my daughter.

gmccc1722
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:13 AM

This is going to sound strange but I collected shot glasses.  I don't have them anymore.  I also collected dolls - this was my mom's thing really so I was not sad to part with the dolls.  

I collect nothing now.  Although my mother-in-law is trying to start me on Christmas ornaments that are just for show.  They are really pretty but I don't know if I like it yet.

jenettyshome
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I used to collect all kinds of crazy things.  I didn't have much clear wall space in my room.  lol!  I had TONS of NKOTB posters (Yep, me too...lol).  They were even on my ceiling.  I used to have those flags that you get from tourist places.  And I also put together jigsaw puzzles, glued them together, and put those on my walls, too.  When I finally moved out and had to paint my room...that was not fun getting rid of all the pin marks and tape. 

Now I can't say I collect anything.  I have a few angel and turtle figurines (two of my favorite things) but I can't really say it's a collection. 

"I am from God. I am part of God, and God is part of me. Therefore I cannot be diminished.  I am strong. I am loved and I am loving, because I am living this and every day in accordance with God's great plan."
I'm a spiritual SAHM of four great kids!!
Independent Scentsy Consultant!

BigPrimpin
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I collected rocks.  Now I collect lip gloss,  lipstick, nail polish... hehe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)