Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hawaii

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

Our 10 year anniversary is coming up in a couple years. We've been thinking about taking a nice vacation for the occasion since we haven't gone away just the two of us for awhile. My husband wants to do an Alaska Cruise, I want to do that eventually too but I would really love to go to Hawaii LOL Everytime in our relationship I've mentioned Hawaii the first words out of his mouth are "its so expensive". I assume it is but wouldn't a vacation anywhere be expensive unless we get in the car and drive? So I was wondering if anyone has ever went on a Hawaiian vacation and has any links to sites I could use for researching. Any info at all you might have would be appreciated, I was browsing tonight and I honestly didn't find the prices too outrageous and we still have a few years to plan and save.

~*~ Michelle ~*~

Mommy to Alanna (6/19/06) and Eric (3/11/10)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kristielee79
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:09 PM

If you go to your local travel agency, a lot of the times they actually have better deals than what you will find on the internet.

M4LG5
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I just came back from Hawaii.  We live in CA and our flights were $542 per person.  We didn't get our tickets until 2 weeks before.  If you are going to go....go at non-peak times.  Going in July....a little expensive.  Also, maybe you can get into a condo so that some of your meals you can just make instead of always having to eat out. 

Tricia76
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Wow I would choose Hawaii to LOL! Good Luck!

debbymichelle
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:30 PM

We were considering Hawaii for our honeymoon, and one thing I remember was that flight & accomodations were going to cost the same as we ended up paying for everything at an all-inclusive resort in the carribbean.  But I'm like you, I still really want to go there eventually!  :o)  The only tip I have is that we have friends who go there a lot and they recommend renting something like a condo that has a kitchen; they take a lot of food with them - pantry items and even meat, I think - because they can save so much money by cooking for themselves!  Of course, you want to travel during the off-seasons too, to keep costs down.  I think if you do some research online you could put together a hypothetical budget using this year's prices and compare it to the cost of an Alaska cruise.  (Then again, if the Alaska cruise comes out way cheaper than Hawaii, maybe that's a case for going to Alaska for a family trip or some occassion less-significant than your 10th anniversary!)

hopelessdork
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Thanks for the all the tips :) I think I'm going to push for Hawaii its seems more anniversary-ish than Alaska. Unfortunately I'll have to travel during peak time since our anniversary is July 14th and it would hard to celebrate earlier/later because the kids would be in school, we'd need someone who could watch them and get them to and from school while we're away. My family is on the other side of town and doesn't drive, DH's family is out of state.  I'll just have to budget extra money and I'll definitely be checking out a travel agency because there's just too much I'd want to do and have no idea where to start. lol

momof754
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 9:44 PM

i have not but here is a bump for ya!

KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I wish I have been to Hawaii!  I want to go there someday and I hope that's where you get to go!  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)