Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Something Moms 30 Something Moms

Are all kids this selfish?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM
  • 12 Replies

I'm trying to NOT sound like a bad/bitter mom but I am seriously sick and tired of my 7 year old's crap!  She is so selfish and snobby and just a drama queen.  She is so mean to her brother.  He will sit there and try to talk to her, saying her name over and over again and she'll just ignore him and pretend he isn't there.  When i tell her to answer him she's like "oh I didn't hear him." 

Sometimes with her crap I seriously just think she deserves a smack in the mouth and few days locked in her room.

by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eeyorerdl
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Maybe it's the age.  I only have one...she's 7 in August and she's gotten to be a "drama queen" as well.  Along with purposely ignoring me and my SO (her daddy).  We literally have to say things 3 or 4 times to get her attention, when we KNOW she hears us from the beginning.  And she'll keep on when we tell her to stop things.

momof3inTN
by Member on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM

Quoting eeyorerdl:

Maybe it's the age.  I only have one...she's 7 in August and she's gotten to be a "drama queen" as well.  Along with purposely ignoring me and my SO (her daddy).  We literally have to say things 3 or 4 times to get her attention, when we KNOW she hears us from the beginning.  And she'll keep on when we tell her to stop things.

We have a 10 year old who is EXACTLY the same way.... but ours is a boy. He ignores us, doesn't do what he's told, pretends he doesn't hear us... it's frustrating.

singlemomof2nok
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 1:45 PM

BUMP!

bamababe1975
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM

No, some just go through a nasty "me" phase around that time, but they do get over it. My nephew, however, is 9 and is a selfish little snot 99% of the time. :/

texasmom1800
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:44 PM

My ds is 8 and the same way.

Quoting momof3inTN:

Quoting eeyorerdl:

We have a 10 year old who is EXACTLY the same way.... but ours is a boy. He ignores us, doesn't do what he's told, pretends he doesn't hear us... it's frustrating.

soontobemommie3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM
My 7 yo son is exactly Like This irritates the crap out of me. Also, my 11 yo step son is like this. And he has been This way for years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SoniaL
by on Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:54 PM

My 6 year old does this to her 3 yr old sister too. But to be fair the 3 yr old can dish it too. But i feel like my 6 yr old is so mean to her sometimes. It frustrates me. I am constantly trying to figure out why.  She was never like this until she started kindergarten! Before that she was always sweet to her sister.

LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Maybe try telling her, the first time she ignores you, that the next time she loses priveledge a ... a second ignore will lose her another priveledge and so and and so forth until she gets the message? 

Quoting eeyorerdl:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Jul. 19, 2010 at 5:46 PM

BUMP!

ff-princess
by on Jul. 20, 2010 at 9:53 AM

I will only tolerate being ignored once, then I'll stand right in front of them and say "eyes on me."  if they think they're going to avoid that, I will actually firmly grab a chin and hold their head still until they do.  my oldest is 16, and while he'll pull other crap he won't try that one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN