Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often does your DH/SO let you sleep in? If EVER?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM
  • 65 Replies

Ugh, this question popped into my mind just this morning.  Kyle (DS) woke up at 7:15 and came into our room.  He said "come out in the living room, Mommy" and I was like why can't you say that to Daddy? LOL  I convinced him to climb in bed with me for a little while and of course he's talking to me and making noise.  15 minutes passes and DH goes "so am I getting up or what?"  I should've said, "you know what?  yes, you are because I NEVER get to sleep in!"  but of course I didn't.  Grant it, DH does work 60-70 hours a week but I work 40 hours a week and do EVERYTHING around the house so I never get a break or get to sleep in!  Thanks for listening to me vent and I am curious to see who the lucky moms are out there who get to sleep in!  :)

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBloom777
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:10 AM

I am soooo right there with you, Mama!  I never get to sleep in...ever.  Even the mornings I know DH didn't work the night before & I ask if I can sleep in, he'll be up with DS, but he'll let DS be REALLY loud in the house (we have wood floors everywhere & its an older house, so its not quiet at all) or come charging in my bedroom while I'm sleeping or anything to make sure I get up.  It pisses me off. 

I let DH sleep in all the time!  He has to get up with DS 4 days a week (while I work & he stays home to watch DS & also works from home), but on Friday, Saturday & Sunday...DH is the one sleeping in.  Mostly b/c he works a lot of nights (he's in the music/event producing industry), so I always consider that he got in late at night...but damn, I want sleep too!!!! 

Just know in your mind that it won't be like this forever.  That's what gets me through.  One of these days your kids are going to want to sleep in...of course by then, we'll be so used to getting up early, we probably won't be able to sleep in anymore.  :( 

tanyab281073
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:11 AM

Nope, never.  He doesn't sleep in either though.

seashells18
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Believe it or not, my son out sleeps me...always has, I'm a full time working mother as well and as tired as I am I still manage to wake up first on the weekends and having to wake him up. When he was an infant, he used to sleep 12a-12p - we thought there may be something wrong, nope...he just likes to sleep apparently.

momof3inTN
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Ugh. I know the feeling. My husband works so hard for us but just once, I'd love for the kids to wake him first instead of me. I get up at 5:30am Mon-Fri, just like my hubby does. After he leaves for work, I can't go back to sleep (I've tried, I'm to awake by that point). On the weekends, I get to sleep in until 7am when our daughter wakes up. And she usually comes right to me in the morning. Just once, it would be nice if she'd go to daddy. The FEW times he has gotten up before me on the weekends, he is quick to wake me up by losing his patience with the kids (they're too loud or fighting or not doing what they are told - Hello! Welcome to MY world, LOL). And he never closes our bedroom door so I can hear EVERYTHING in the living room. I haven't slept past 8am in so long. But my husband, oh yeah, he's slept in until 10 or 11am... many, many, MANY times. Must be nice.

LoveMyBoyK
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Every now and again, if I am really wiped out, I will ask DH to get up with DS and give him his morning bottle.  He does so without complaint because it is rare.  He's a good guy, my man isin love

mjimaging
by Melissa on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM
If he's off, he'll take the baby out and they will fall asleep in the living room so I can sleep a little more but lately it's been a mute point, I've had to work at 7 am so no sleeping in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thebailiffs
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:50 AM

If my son sleeps past 6:30 then he will not nap until very late then he goes to bed later. 

So it is not a good thing when he sleeps in.

But I am up at 5:30am when I work and he is up between 6-6:30.  So for him to sleep until 7am is still a break for me.

I can't sleep much anymore! I have way to many things to do to be sleeping. But I do love a good nap!

eeyore13
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Quoting momof3inTN:

Ugh. I know the feeling. My husband works so hard for us but just once, I'd love for the kids to wake him first instead of me. I get up at 5:30am Mon-Fri, just like my hubby does. After he leaves for work, I can't go back to sleep (I've tried, I'm to awake by that point). On the weekends, I get to sleep in until 7am when our daughter wakes up. And she usually comes right to me in the morning. Just once, it would be nice if she'd go to daddy. The FEW times he has gotten up before me on the weekends, he is quick to wake me up by losing his patience with the kids (they're too loud or fighting or not doing what they are told - Hello! Welcome to MY world, LOL). And he never closes our bedroom door so I can hear EVERYTHING in the living room. I haven't slept past 8am in so long. But my husband, oh yeah, he's slept in until 10 or 11am... many, many, MANY times. Must be nice.

Ditto to everything you said, especially about waking up from "sleeping in" because he lost his patience with the kids.

CafeMom Tickers
rockinmama07
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Monday through Friday I'm up at the same time as my husband (between 6:30 and 7:00am--I used to get up at 5am so I could have that time to myself, but I decided to sleep and be more rested for the day :) ).  On Saturdays he gets up with the girls, gets their breakfast ready, and starts their day.  On Sundays I get up with the girls, get their breakfast ready and start their day.  So...I sleep in every Saturday and he sleeps in every Sunday.

bandk4ever
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I get to sleep in on Saturdays...if we don't have anything planned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)