Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Witness!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:57 AM
  • 9 Replies

The other day, my SO and I witnessed a car backing out of a parking space and hitting another car.  SO yelled at the driver to let them know that they hit the other car.  I hurried up and memorized the license plate and wrote it down as the car drove away.  I know the driver knew she hit the other car and just didn't care.  I left a note on the windshield of the car that was hit to let the owner know that we witnessed the car hitting their car and gave them the license plate number.  I also left contact information if they had any questions.  It looked like there were no damage to the car, but wanted to let them know.  What would you have done in this situation?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Polkadotted
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:58 AM

Just what you did

Just2busymom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I think you did enough.  Since there wasn't any significant damage.  I had someone do that to my old car.  Left a dent in the passenger front panel.  I was parked horizontally behind someone.  Didn't even notice until later that day.  I was SO mad!  I also can't stand when people just whip open their door and ding yours without any  concern!

kymomma1974
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:19 PM
I would have done exactly like you did...and probably even called the cops. thhe driver just drove off and thats not cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MotherOF5Cuties
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I would of done the same...

momof754
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:47 PM

i would have done the same thing. good job on your part

Michelle030407
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I'm glad there are people like you in the world!  :-D 

mommalisa913
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:28 PM

i probably would of done the same ..good job

AmyG1976
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 2:39 PM

no damage ?  idk prob would of done the same thing though but if I saw damage like noticeable from afar would of just called the police

owensmom34
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:20 PM

It sounds like you did the right thing and I bet the driver will be happy you did this for them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)