Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should i be concerned?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM
  • 8 Replies
2 yr old dd has 2 small lumps on each side of back of head. i am guessing they are glands or lymph nodes. anyone know?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momto1girl3boys
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Without seeing I wouldn't even know. Usually if lymph nodes are swollen though it means illness according to my doctor. He said that is why they always feel their necks. Sorry I am no help. Here is a bump for you.

shajdinyak
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM
thanks. i worry so much. she has had a little cough for some time now.

Quoting momto1girl3boys:

Without seeing I wouldn't even know. Usually if lymph nodes are swollen though it means illness according to my doctor. He said that is why they always feel their necks. Sorry I am no help. Here is a bump for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andl2ea
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:56 PM

im sure they are swollen glands/nodes.  i get them sometimes and they do get sore.   reading about them i found out it is your body trying to fight something off, although i wasnt feeling sick at the time.  my cousin said it happened to his son to who is like a year old.  i wouldnt worry unless she starts really getting irritable.

momto1girl3boys
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Maybe it is from the cough? I wish kids came with manuals :)

Quoting shajdinyak:

Quoting momto1girl3boys:

shajdinyak
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:09 PM
me too!i asked my mom when i will stop worrying she said never and that she still worries about me at 33. i think dd has had a little sinus thing going on the last month so hope thats all it is. we have been dealing with a cancer thing w dh mom the last month so i am extra worried.

Quoting momto1girl3boys:

Maybe it is from the cough? I wish kids came with manuals :)

Quoting shajdinyak:

Quoting momto1girl3boys:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomX04
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Are they behind her ears?  My son has some behind his ears.  The doctor said they are lymph nodes.

shajdinyak
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:17 PM
no directly on back of head both sides

Quoting MomX04:

Are they behind her ears?  My son has some behind his ears.  The doctor said they are lymph nodes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaslilpunkin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I would call the pediatrician in the AM just to run it by them.My hubby has a defined perfectly round bump on his neck/shoulder area and its just a fat deposit,a doc told him.

in love                           blowing bubbles

Nathan & Tracey 06.12.99             Grace 10.10.03

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)