Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ingrown hairs

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:33 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have noticed that as I have gotten older ingrown hairs while shaving has become a problem. Before I got pregnant last year at 31 I had issues with shaving down there and getting ingrown hairs but not bad. But now its almost too painful to shave down there. Also under my arms is bad. I have whiteheads and bumps that I can feel when my arms are pressed down. My questions are:

does anyone else have this issue? has anyone found away around it?

waxing doesnt really last long for me. i use to be able to shave everything smother than my babies butt. thank you in advance

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Moms2NTwins
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 2:42 AM

I get them sometimes. I have a condition (cant remember the name) where I get these painful boils, one on the back of my leg at the bottom of my buut and one on my stomach on my left side. They are so annoying and painful. I have found no way around the ingrown hairs :o/

NearSeattleMom
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:24 AM

BUMP!

IMAMOM2-2KIDS
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:03 AM

I get them on my legs all the time hope someone has a idea on how to get rid of them caus ethey suck!

AMom29
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Quoting Moms2NTwins:

I get them sometimes. I have a condition (cant remember the name) where I get these painful boils, one on the back of my leg at the bottom of my buut and one on my stomach on my left side. They are so annoying and painful. I have found no way around the ingrown hairs :o/

Hidradenitis suppurativa?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hidradenitis-suppurativa/DS00818

knycthomason
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Never had that problem with shaving kakgsp.  Maybe switch razors, use shaving cream, shave in a different direction and try not to have to reshave that area if possible and remember to rinse off in cool water to close the pores.  Can you use dipilitory?  They work well.  Me and my oldest use Nair and Veet.  Good Luck sweetie.

Moms2NTwins-I am dealing with the same thing.  The past weekend I got one so bad I had to go to ER just to see how to deal with it.  Heating pads, hot water soaks, antibiotics, pain meds for fever and pain and nausea meds for me not being able to keep dinners down at night.  I don't know why I am literally sick but do you do the same?  I have like 2 or 3 all at once too.  Drs say they run in certain people.  Don't know why or what causes it but its uncomfortable.  Sometimes they take a head and pop but usually not.  This last one is hot and feverish and just horrible. 

snowbear74
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:44 PM

if you get an ingrown hair take a pair of tweezers and pull the hair out of that area.It will allow the area to drain and will be less painful.I get these from time to time in that area even when i dont shave.

Grayshuss
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Make Sure to soak the areas in very warm water at least 10 minutes before shaving, take short strokes, and try not to go over the area tooo many times while shaving under arms and bikinni zone.  After you shave these areas, apply cool water and DO NOT PUT lotion or deoderant on immedietly.  Wait at least an hour.  You can apply aloe "after sun" stuff to your bikkinni zone to sooth, but make sure to lightly appyy. 

The hot water helps the hair soften, so it doesnt break off under the skin when shaved.  The cool water helps close the pores so they do not get dirt into them, the aloe sooths the skin.  If you apply lotions or deoderant too soon the pores will close with the deoderant in them, which makes inflamed bumps. 

This wont stop them, but it will help a whole lot!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)