Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

R U going through this too?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

My teenage daughter is going through a lot.  She has many health issue because of a tramitic experience she had.  My 8 yr old has problems in school because of 2 factors. 1 he has NF 1 and 2 he has had kemo.  Both of these effect the brain.  So he has a hard time with math and focusing.   It makes it had being a single mom and dad is not and cannot be involved.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shany76
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:12 PM

well,mom, I can say I am going through some things but nothing like this. You really need some help from someone before you lose all of your strength. I wish you luck, I am sorry I have no advice for you. Maybe some counseling for your daughter?? I know how that can be, by daughter is 13 (14 in september) and nothing is working for her.

joannakitler
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:14 PM

No I'm not going through exactly what you are, but, I do have alot going on.  I recently went to my OB for my yearly who said I have high blood pressure.  High enough that she's worried and would like me to see a PCP.  I'm too young to have high BP (33yrs old).  I have got to realize that not everything is in my control and I just have to do what I can with the power that I do have.  I have to slow down and take on one thing at a time.  I will be thinking of you and hope and pray you do know that you are not alone.

KKRice
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 9:15 AM

I think that all 8 YO's have trouble focusing I know that my DS has the same issue.  Your DS may have it worse because of the chemo though.  You just need to try and keep him focused at home.  I don't have any advice for the Teenager other than to just give her some of your time.  Spend some one on one time with her and let her talk (don't judge, just let her get out what she has on her mind.)

AMom29
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:38 AM
I'm sorry.
owensmom34
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Sorry!  That sounds like a lot to deal with...hugs!

april678
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:26 PM

I have an 11 year old daughter, and she has ADHD, and when she doesn't take her medicine she acts up. I have a 13 year old daughter, and she does good in school. When I was in school, I had problems with math and english. In 2006, I was diagnosed with cancer, and I had to deal with cemo, and it was a hard time. I don't know if this has anything to do with yours, but I just wanted to add it. Sorry for what you are going through.

momof754
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:18 PM

hugs

michelle5971
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM
I don't really have any advice to give you but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you and your family are going through such a hard time. I hope things get better for you soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylesMom409
by Linnette on Jul. 26, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I am sorry to hear all that you're going through and by yourself with no help.  I wish I had some advice for you but here's a hug and I hope things get better.  HUGS!

momwithsix
by on Jul. 27, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Thank you all for support and hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)