Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do YOU wear silly bands???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:21 PM
  • 63 Replies

I'm looking down at my wrists and realize that I am wearing about 5 silly bands.   The only reason I do is b/c my kids get a kick out of seeing me wear them.  But I wonder, what the heck is the big deal with them?  I mean, they are so popular around here.  I see kids have hundreds of them clipped to their belt loop or up and down their arms.  I just don't get it.  Second, I wonder if there are any other moms out there who wear them too.  If no, what do you think when you see other moms like me wearing them?

I don't know, I'm just bored and curious I guess.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homesellermom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I don't wear them.  Honestly. I have never paid attention to others wearing.  After you mentioning it, I will probably be looking now.

mommybug77
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM

No my oldest did give her a dad a drum set one that he wore :)

purestambition
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:26 PM

I wear them too...my dd gets a huge kick out of me wearing them...she even picks out a few that would look good with my outfit.  I'm a softie, so, I'll wear them for her :)

Just_Bethy
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:36 PM

I have 3..a purple penguin....and green shark...and a hot pink music note...lol

coffee.crisp
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:40 PM

... I guess I'm not sure what they are??  Does anyone have a pic or a link?

mommymelissa76
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Nope, but DD wears about a million of them

momof754
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM

i have a blue dolphin that my daughter confiscated off of me,lol. i catch myself picking them up throughout the day off the tables and chairs and a few i found on the floor and i put them on my wrist til a kid claims them but to actually wear them, i dont think i could. i have a hard enough time wearing a watch. i dont like things on my wrists for some reason

Jess0915
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:44 PM
I don't wear them. They are big here too, but I think my kids may be too old for them, they are 12 and 13 and don't have any. They've never asked for any either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelibeli
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM

SO funny...I teach middle school and they all wear them....I have a 3 year old and she has some....all her cousins of every age in between wear them, and then some friends of mine say they have seen 20-somethings out at bars wearing them...I don't get it!!!  Some of them are even too small for my 3 year old's wrist, depending on the shape, and I have seen some of my middle school kids have them on so tight or twisted around their fingers that they are purple....I am waiting to hear news report of someone losing a finger or something worse...UGH....

mommasmith390
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:50 PM

yep i have one on and i work w/ the public and everyone has them on even grandmas and inside i chuckle  but i dont know what the big deal is But kiddies love them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)