Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This SUCKS!!!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

Its that time. Time to purchase a new vacuum. I hate to even think about it because there are SO many options out there. The one we have weighs a TON, and I have to lug it up and down stairs now and I am pregnant.   ( hubby would but he is 20,000 miles away on yet another deployment) It is on it's last legs. So, I am looking for a light weight, bag-less, that works on bare floors too. I would like to keep it under 100 if at all possible (ha ha ha) and no I am not interested in investing in a Kirby, Rainbow, or Dyson. I would rather spend that kind of money on baby items and paying for future education for little bit.
So ladies, lets hear it! What do you have vacuum wise, why do you like it or not like it and what would you suggest?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mama2evan
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:14 AM
Well I have an oreck. Gift of mom when we moved in2 our apt few yrs ago. But its not bagless it was free so I cnt complain lol. My friend had a lil 1 that was bagless, almost like a dorm size. I would have 2 ask her where she found it! Otherwise I'd say jusy go 2 the store & ask 4 assistance & just life 1s that u like 2 c how heavy they are! Or buy a port-a-vac?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dperez
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:19 AM

You get what you pay for.

bamababe1975
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I have a Hoover - it isn't that light, but it is bagless and works on carpets and bare floors. It was around $60 at Walmart, and we've had it 4yrs with no problems. :)

cara124
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 12:41 PM

i have a great bagless one i bought at target about 4yrs ago but it weighs about 5lbs or so and costed about 70$....i would sugest going to the a few differnt stores and seeing what they have and what you like then looking online to see who has the best deal.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)