• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Morning sickness + 2 kids and a dog = shoot me

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

please?  Any advice on what the hell to do with myself when I find my head in the toilet and I have a 3 1/2 year old jumping on m back and my almost 10 year old making strange repetitive (and obnoxious) noises and the dog trying to lap up whatever I have to offer the Porcelain God?  In order to combat the Morning Sickness, I have tried Ginger tea, Preggie Pops, Sea Bands, and crackers- the problem is that that LAST thing I want to do is ti put anything in my mouth when I feel that way.  Also, no matter how I try to explain it, I cannot seem to get my kids to understand that Im not living on the bathroom floor for fun....

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SullivanMommy
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:27 PM

Oh im right there with ya! BUT i have 5 kids to deal with. Tell your Dr you want Zofran. It seems to help the vomiting. Not the nausea though. I cant function at all. I cant wait to get over this part. ITS A NIGHTMARE.

hugs

meglennox
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:28 PM

i wish i could offer up some advice to you, but with my kids what worked for me was to just eat dry cheerios and drink water. i couldn't eat anything else.

i hope some other moms have better ideas. good luck :)

Jessmama6
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:09 PM
I am also having nausea all day and night and a 2 year old to take care of, went to the grocery store yesterday and only spent 40 dollars b/c just looking at everything made me feel sick. I have also tried everything you have tried with no luck. I will be curious to see if anyone has any ideas that work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Keep crackers and ginger ale on the bedside table and when you wake in the AM, sit up slowly, sip some ginger ale, nibble a cracker, and try to take your time getting out of bed. That can help to keep the ickies from hitting you first thing in the morning, and help you get moving and get something on your stomach before everything gets worse. Can, not always. My sickness with my 1st was so bad I had to get an Rx. The only foods I could keep down with her were Taco Bell light chicken burrito supremes (Weird, right?) and plain Ore Ida crinkle fries, lol.

MaiB
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Unfortunately, Zofran is not an option, since I do not have insurance (yet...we are working on getting group health ins. for our employees and joining the plan)- The odd thing is that I am SOOOOO hungry all the time (better not be multiples!)- but so nauseated, I can't eat- then when I finally feel OK- I stuff my face- and then I feel sick again~ the cycle continues- Thanks for your suggestions so far- Hoping that magical wonder-solution will just appear in front of me and make my word better!

mommieof
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM
Girl I feel ya I have an 8 yr old and 6 yr old and a spoiled dog I was recently preggo with twin boys ( now 10 days old) and I had horrible morning sickness it was so hard to deal with while trying to deal with the household and working full time so I talked to my dr and she gave me zofran and it worked wonders you should try it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TFour
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:27 PM

I stuck with high protein..even for breakfast. I took a few bites and waited. I didnt drink anything till I attempted a few more bites. Anything to drink made me feel sea sick. But I started PB &J before bed when the morning sickness started. I learned the peanut butter trick when I was expecting baby #1 and it worked all the way thru baby #3. There is nothing worse than up- chucking crackers..I haven't been able to eat them since... hope things get easier.

mommieof
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:43 PM
Eating small meals very often helped too everytime I felt sick I'd eats something really small and it seemed to help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owensmom34
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Feel better soon!!!

hugs

Jessmama6
by on Aug. 10, 2010 at 3:32 PM
My doctor said I could take 1 unisom and 1 vitamin b6 50 or 100 mg at night and this would help for the next morning so I could get up and eat and not feel sick to start the day. Anyone ever tried this? I am a little hesitant, mighf just try only the b 6, she said that might work too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)