Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

great birth control pill im on

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:09 AM
  • 9 Replies

i started taking Yaz a while back and it was working for me for about a year and then all the sudden i started bleeding VERY badly to the point where i felt ill and one morning thought i needed to go to the hospital.  i even got an exam and a pelvic xray done to make sure nothing was wrong. 

anyways i complained to my doctor about it and she told me i probably needed a stronger pill.  she prescribed me Aranelle.  i have had no issues with it at all.  i was getting my period a week before i was suppose to with yaz and id have it for 2 weeks sometimes.  now i have been starting the exact day im suppose to with the new pills and my period ends with the last sugar pill.  thought i would recommend this to anyone who is having issues with their current BC. 

Warcraft Mommy

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
virgo31
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Thanks for the info!  I used to take Yaz years ago and it made me mean!  ha ha  So now I avoid b.c. pills and my OB/GYN suggests I just skip them if I don't need them (my husband had a vasectomy plus we're separated now so no worries for me in that dept.!).

owensmom34
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Thanks for passing this info along...BUMP!

singlemomof2nok
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Thanks for the info

amzbrznjz
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:46 AM

I used Kariva, helped with my headaches but after complications with bleeding for 2-3 weeks heavy and clots the size of softballs I had a hysterectomy, the permanent BC