Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for ideas for weekend get~away

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:03 AM
  • 11 Replies

This holiday weekend is approaching fast and I need a break from my normal routine.  I live in sunny Florida but I'm tired of going to the beach. Looking for something to do this weekend with the family that will bring us all together and might even be educational. Any advice?

~Cindy

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofdoo
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:04 AM

How about a nice little trip to New Orleans????

wink miniMomofDoo

anniebuttons
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:08 AM

is there a zoo? an aquarium? museum? mountains to go hiking? get a bird book and go bird watching, take pics of the birds (or flowers, leaves) make a book identifying them?  depending on ages, could be fun.  i dont know anything about your area but these are the things we do. i live in a very small town in the mountains.  good luck figuring something out. 

singlemomof2nok
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Quoting anniebuttons:

is there a zoo? an aquarium? museum? mountains to go hiking? get a bird book and go bird watching, take pics of the birds (or flowers, leaves) make a book identifying them?  depending on ages, could be fun.  i dont know anything about your area but these are the things we do. i live in a very small town in the mountains.  good luck figuring something out. 

These are some really great ideas

Kimberly954
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Camping? On the west coast there are some really nice state parks and then you can rent canoes. Depends on what part of florida you are in. I am in Fl - west coast. Lots to do if you want to venture to miami. Miami Seaaquarium, zoo, Jungle Gardens, Childrens Museum, air boat rides through the everglades, there is a water park in West Palm, maybe the marlins are playing at home this weekend. Key West? Orlando - disney weekend?

ddhb2007
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Kennedy Space Center would be fun.  How about the everglades?  Can you go deep sea fishing?

MichelleDanelle
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:08 AM

I took my son once to a comfort in that had a tiny outdoor pool and a breakfast bar. we meant to go to some local attractions, but do you know, he loved the hotel and pool so much that that was our entire weekend! and it was relaxing and fun! cheap for a single parent, too. we were maybe an hour away from home.

crysolwert
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Florida has some GREAT state parks! We lived there for a short 6 month stint and went to a different park practically every weekend.

sunray90
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:13 AM
Thank you for all great ideas. I really like the idea of letting my kids pictures or going to a zoo. I hope everyone has a fun a safe weekend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof754
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 8:32 AM

i agree with both these ladies!

Quoting singlemomof2nok:

Quoting anniebuttons:

These are some really great ideas

sunray90
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 6:08 PM
Lol... I guess I should proof read my post before sending. Typeing while kids are pulling you from every direction is not a good idea. I like the idea of letting the children take pictures of the great outdoors.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)