Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obsessed with the Food Network!

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:44 PM
  • 12 Replies

Okay well, maybe not OBSESSED lol...I absolutely love this dog on station. I have found a new passion for cooking. I work from home and am able to keep my 4 year old home with me so I am always watching this station learning new and exciting recipes to cook for my fam of 4. I have even decided to go to culinary school, hell,,why not!? My new thing right now is trying to perfect pie crust. I have tried about 4 or 5 different recipes and I think I might have found the one that comes out perfect. It's by Paula Dean and it is pure deliciousness LOL...I made an apple peach pie last night and my crust came out AWFUL! I was sooooooooooooo disappointed, but DH thoroughly enjoyed it, but that is coming from a man who spent the last 8 years in the Navy eating the oh so "wonderful" ship food. We were stationed on the same ship when we first met and we used to eat the most EW food. The rice would either be undercooked or overcooked,,never quite right LOL. Anyway,,,,,,anybody else watch the Food Network? What's your favorite show? Mine is Cupcake Wars and Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee! She makes the best inexpensive meals ever! Matter of fact,,,I think I'll go bake a cake from scratch right now because I just finished watching a super fabulous recipe on the show Giada at Home! LOL

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimberly954
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I dont think paula dean would ever have any BAD pastry recipes with all the butter she puts in there! I love sandra lee, paula dean, and rachel ray!

Shellness
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I'm with you. You DO learn a lot of really good tips from watching those shows. I have to say I do love Giada and Paula. I like Bobby Flay too and Tyler Lawrence. I like 'em all!

Good for you about going to cooking school! It is best to do what our passions lead us to. That way you will always be happy to get up and go to work.

virgochild79
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

I dont think paula dean would ever have any BAD pastry recipes with all the butter she puts in there! I love sandra lee, paula dean, and rachel ray!

LOL! I know right. Her recipe is by far the best. The one I made last night was just terrible. The crust was too dry. That's what I get for trying a recipe that came from youtube LOL

Jennifer0306
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 12:59 PM
Me and my DH love the food network. Rachel Ray, Giada, Paula Dean, and Big Daddy's House are our favorite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
singlemomof2nok
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:02 PM

We love to watch Cupcake wars and Food Network Challenge.

amy7243
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:07 PM

I love the Food Network too!!! I love the Neeleys and Paula Dean. I got my favorite French onion soup from Sandre Lees semi homade.

owensmom34
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I'm obsessed with TLC  lol...don't feel bad! 

coodychan
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I like Giada at Home, Best Thing I ever Ate, Triple D, Paula Deen, Barefoot Contessa. 

Akanah
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:23 PM

My hubby and I are big fans, too, but I myself like the showpiece type shows like Challenge, Chopped, Iron Chef America, Next Food Network Star, etc, where it's more about making the best than about actually cooking food. I hate to cook, in fact, but I will when I have to.

CaLizzyMom
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 4:33 PM

I love Food Network, too, but like a previous poster, I don't really like the "cooking" shows.  I prefer there "after dark" stuff, the competitions and things like that.  My DS wants to be Bobby Flay when he grows up! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)